PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] KDE and Gnome Take Over the Other's Panel

CraigPaleo
December 9th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I had Ubuntu and Kubuntu on separate partitions because some panel applets or plasmoids would show up on the other's desktop. Well it had become a pain to reboot every time I wanted to switch to the other DE.

Is there a way to contain these applets to show up and work within their own DE only so that I could have both desktop environments on the same partition?

davidbilla
December 9th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Do you have a separate installation for Kubuntu(or Ubuntu, whichever way you want to look at it!)? You can as well install kde from the repositories and choose 'kde' during login in 'sessions' options. Then you wouldn't have to reboot everytime. You can just logout and login.

CraigPaleo
December 9th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Do you have a separate installation for Kubuntu(or Ubuntu, whichever way you want to look at it!)? You can as well install kde from the repositories and choose 'kde' during login in 'sessions' options. Then you wouldn't have to reboot everytime. You can just logout and login.

I have them both. The problem is that I don't want KDE applets showing up on my Gnome panels and vice versa. I need to know if there's a way to keep them less integrated without having to put them on their own partitions.

CraigPaleo
December 16th, 2008, 06:38 PM
I just received an update, applied it, restarted and this has been fixed!!! Thanks developers!!!

All Gnome applets are confined to Gnome's panel and all KDE plasmoids/widgets are confined to KDE's panel!