PDA

View Full Version : Comcast Bill

gletob
December 9th, 2008, 03:39 AM
This is a post from my new blog
http://gletobtech.blogspot.com/2008/12/comcast-its-craptastic.html

Comcast: It's Craptastic

Ah my comcast bill came in the mail today lets see... what!! it went up 30 frickken dollars! they suck that's it.. *walk to phone dials 1-888-COMCAST .. press 4 if you'd like to throw your phone.. hello this is comcast how can I screw you err help you today?

You can take 30 dollars off of my bill. Well sir I can't do that. Well what about your supervisor? Hold on sir.. Boop De Dah She Bop hello this is so and so how may I assist you? You can tell me why my bill went up 30 dollars! Well sir we've increased our rates in your area. On what grounds? Well sir 1. the price of gas 2. new technology 3. health care for our employees.

Ok let's see I pay 1.56 for gas so that reason is invalid. now two: What new technology? I still get the same crappy cable. 3: Do you really expect me to believe that?

Well I'm sorry sir but I can't give you a better price. Well what can you do no wait I know what you can do you can connect me to the department to cancel my service.

So in the end I never paid the bill canceled my service they said when they send the tech out to cut the cable they would get the 2 boxes so I sat them out on top of the cable box outside (it rained and snowed the other night) I bought my converter boxes and antennas and am waiting for Verizon to get fios to my neighborhood

Dr Small
December 9th, 2008, 03:58 AM
Good grief.

gletob
December 9th, 2008, 04:03 AM
press one if your good grief was for me
press two if your good grief was against me

zachtib
December 9th, 2008, 04:27 AM
press one if your good grief was for me
press two if your good grief was against me

*boop*

that's the only downside to the time I spend out in california, Comcast is the only Cable/ISP I can get for short term periods (FiOS requires a 1 year contract).

They pulled something similar on me last summer. I got a flyer in the mail for Comcast internet for $20/mo for the first 6 months (and I was only out there for the Summer). And I also saw a flyer for the same deal on cable, and I figured $40/mo is a good deal for cable and internet, so I called them.

Long story short, that deal was only valid if I signed up online, which they never mentioned while I was setting up my account (The first thing I mentioned was the deal when I called). The actual bill was over $90/mo. I called and complained and they knocked it down to $70/mo, but it was still almost twice what I had paid (and at that point, I had already paid for installation, so that was money I wouldn't be able to get back)

SunnyRabbiera
December 9th, 2008, 06:12 AM
I really wish I could leave comcast, I hate them more and more but I cant...
There are only two major providers around here that do service in my area and that is Verizon and Comcast...
No compitition= crappy service, but thats the rule of thumb in this crappy world it seems.

magmon
December 9th, 2008, 06:24 AM
Im content with Comcast, but I dont pay the bills xD

LouisZepher
December 9th, 2008, 06:40 AM
I have a different story...

1) My apartment complex offers basic cable as part of rent.
2) When I switched from dial-up to cable, I had to pay $57, as opposed to just $50, because I didn't have a Basic package.
3) After three months of paying my bills around three weeks in advance of the due-date, I received a phone-call, where they informed me that they were adding the basic package to my account without charge or fee.

I still pay around $60 for service, and haven't really had any real problem with the service that I couldn't fix myself.

inobe
December 9th, 2008, 06:56 AM
we have at&t here, also comcast, they are rivals and battle on a daily basis threw their adds and commercials, it's hilarious :lolflag:

we currently have at&t u-verse, we switched from comcast and basically pay the same amount.

reasoning is simple, we do not like slowdowns, i will pay extra not to deal with it, these things are all we have to be entertained with.

if comcast wants to take from the customer to please another customer' then they are in the wrong business.

dannytatom
December 9th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Recently, with all the talk of Comcast, I'm glad SBC is the only ISP in my area. Never thought I'd think that.

Polygon
December 10th, 2008, 03:56 AM
reading that blog post, i noticed that there was someone who commented posing as a comcast employee. Is that a real employee, and if so, why do they pay employees to search around the blog-o-sphere for 'i hate comcast' posts and reply to them? O.o

Grant A.
December 10th, 2008, 03:58 AM
The United States government stepped in and broke up AT&T (not Cingular) more than twice. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened with Comcast or Time Warner.

gletob
December 10th, 2008, 04:17 AM
I must have really bad luck with telcos and cable because this morning I got up and I went to check my mail and torrents and guess what no internet! Thanks a lot verizon hit me while I'm already down. I finally got it sorted out just now (well it just kind of started working) I wish verizon would either get fios here or fix their existing conglomeration of copper!

P.S. It's kind of funny while I was on hold with Verizon the mail came and it had a letter from Clearwire in it

inobe
December 13th, 2008, 08:25 AM
I must have really bad luck with telcos and cable because this morning I got up and I went to check my mail and torrents and guess what no internet! Thanks a lot verizon hit me while I'm already down. I finally got it sorted out just now (well it just kind of started working) I wish verizon would either get fios here or fix their existing conglomeration of copper!

P.S. It's kind of funny while I was on hold with Verizon the mail came and it had a letter from Clearwire in it

its funny you should say that, at&t has been and in most areas still copper !

the united states is so far behind technology its a shame.

doorknob60
December 13th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Ah, Bend Broadband FTW :-)