PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] reinstalled 64bit on top of 32bit thinkpad X300

Bashar "
December 9th, 2008, 01:07 AM
I have lenovo Thinkpad X300 running with 32bit and server kernel to see the full 4GB RAM bu i read that its beter to run 64bit since there are no issues with it and when i need to run any 32bit stuff i can compile them and run them

so i went ahead and downloaded the 64bit iso and started the installation, i choose the existing partitions to install the new OS on and during the installation i also choose to migrate my previous user.

something weird that my old kernels still show on grub including the server kernel etc.. and the bad thing is i cant boot using any of the installed kernels

when i booted with the recovery it reaches the USB part and hangs, and when i click control+alt+delete it says clearing scsi cache and reboots so its actually not hanged but waiting for something to happen

attached two pictures from my the screen taken via my mobile (sorry for the bad quality)

your advise is highly appreciated because i tend todo it on my other thinkpad W500 which i use it heavy for work and can't stand having it not working (thanks god i tested on the X300 first)

Best Regards

Bashar "
December 9th, 2008, 01:24 AM
FYI: i tried to disable USB from bios and booted it still hangs at the same line

Bashar "
December 9th, 2008, 01:31 AM
i have waited and not rebooted and this messaged showed after the USB part:
[ 279.261024] CE: hpet increasing min_delta_ns to 15000 nsec

what does it mean ? is it related to the SSD disk ?

Bashar "
December 10th, 2008, 04:11 AM
anyone?