PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] XBMC/Samba Problem

unvme1212
December 8th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Yesterday I set up a Samba share on my Ubuntu machine to share media from my Desktop to my modded X-Box in my living room. I used this (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=438577) thread to set it up and everything was working great.

Then I restarted my computer. Now XBMC is giving me an "Error -1073741772 Share Not Available" and won't connect. At first I figured Samba just wasn't on so I ran a samba restart to make sure it wasn't running and then turned it on. I rebooted the X-Box and had the same result. I noticed it was taking samba a long time to start so I decided to completely remove it from me system and reinstall and configure. After the reinstall I had the same problem still.

The only changes that were made to my system were the restart and a non critical update last night. I can't for the life of me figure out why this will not work. Any insight that someone can lend me would be greatly appreciated.

Oh as for my skill level. I have been running Ubuntu for just over a year now and have been Windows free since 8.10 hit. I am comfortable with the command line although I don't know most of the commands off the top of my head and usully have to look them up.

unvme1212
December 8th, 2008, 10:36 PM
So I have been fiddling around with it here and just found that if I try to re add the source in XBMC it says "invalid computer name" According to my machine it still has the same IP as it did yesterday so that hasn't changed. I dunno if that info sheds new light for someone or not.

Again thanks in advance for any and all help.

Crazy Jesus
April 30th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Did you ever solve the issue? I've been having it for the past 3 distributions. :(