PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] New Video Serval Review

thomasaaron
December 8th, 2008, 06:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/jupiterbroadcasting

abulluck
December 8th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Good real world review, but good grief the two guys talking over each other is hard to handle.

Thanks for posting.

MorphWVUtuba
December 8th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Just to be sure there's no confusion, the guys in the video say there's 3 USB ports on this machine, but there's really 4. The eSATA port is actually a combination eSATA/USB port. It's a very clever design & a good use of space. It would make sense to make all eSATA ports this way, especially on laptops.

Alvinius
December 8th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Reviewing the Reviewers

So-So reviewers, they need a little more practice. I would give them a C or C- . Talking over each other is pretty much a no-no in this format. Repeating things they just said makes them look sloppy in editing. Sometimes I feel they were all over the place. Outline guys! Outline!

They missed mentioning a few key things in a laptop review;

1) keyboard feel
2) all IO devices, although they did mention the most unique on a laptop
3) screen quality in a range of lighting
4) How many usb ports? What does an HDMI port do? If you are going to spotlight a pretty unique port on a laptop this needs to be mentioned.
5) VIDEO CARD!!!!!!!!!!! No Mention at all.

They only used one cut-away of the machine that was very bland. We do not need to see your mugs so much, we want to see the laptop!

Brian and Chris need to broaden the scope of their audience a bit. A lot of people watching this on youtube may know very little of the OS features. I think they should throw a little bit of eye candy on as well as included software of Ubuntu. The OS should not be a focus of the review, but just seeing a login and plain background gives someone not familiar with an Ubuntu or any other linux distros machine very little clue of what they are considering.

A review should almost make us feel how we would percieve the object in our hands. I felt as if I saw the laptop from across the room barely taken out of a plain brown box.

It was nice to see someone taking the time to review a product of a small business.