PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Menubar missing from applications

matteo6630
December 8th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Hi guys,

I'v been experiencing this very annoying issue regarding the menubar of certain applications.

Software such as Evolution, Rhythmbox, Banshee etc. work fine but there's no menubar on top (File, Edit.. etc)

The software is installed from the official repository.

I run the latest version of Ubuntu on a EEE Pc 1000H with Gnome + Compiz fusion as a Window Manager.

Do you guys have any idea why this is happeing?

I've been banging my head against my laptop for several days now without coming up with any solution.

Please let me know, any help will be highly appreciated!

Matteo

lovelyvik293
December 8th, 2008, 03:51 PM
I had the same problem some time ago,but when i disable the compiz and after restarting all things worked fine.
I am sure that this is the problem because of the compiz.

jeterfan1
December 19th, 2008, 07:17 AM
did you ever fix this menubar issue? my menubar is missing in evolution and terminal.

linux2learn
December 19th, 2008, 07:50 AM
I had the same problem some time ago,but when i disable the compiz and after restarting all things worked fine.
I am sure that this is the problem because of the compiz.

I also think so becoz when i installed the Compiz in My Ubuntu 8.10 then the graphics of my computer became so bad that when i click on any item then it turns to black and green stuff. I queried and found that this was due to compiz and I am suffering same at the moment also.. How to remove the compiz package from Terminal, becoz I can access the computer thru Terminal.. Any idea to remove it from Terminal...
Thanks in Advance guyz...

jeterfan1
January 20th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Hi again -- I uninstalled "global menu" and that seemed to solve it for me. (It's makes your menu bar Mac-like, but I never did get it to work quite right, so I don't miss it.)