PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Wireless Card, need help: Atheros 2413 (5005g)

ruipedroca
December 8th, 2008, 12:05 AM
I've just made my 10th ](*,) fresh install of Kubuntu 8.04 in my laptop Acer 3680; I haven't yet made any update.

The wireless card is an Atheros 2413 = 5005g; and my problem is that Network Manager doesn't even show this card, only shows the wired one.

I've been all day reading posts with suposed solutions to this situation, but unfortunately nothing worked; I also think I've screwed up some installations by trying to do several things at once.

Can anybody point me the right direction?

ruipedroca
December 8th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Well, funny thing happened:
while I was writing this post in my desktop, in the Acer laptop (who was finnishing the installation) apeared a notification baloon saying "Proprietary drivers in use" in the network icon near the clock. Then, I clicked "Ok" and some wireless networks appeared and all I had to do was configure mine with the normal ip address and the likes to have internet access!

The only thing I've done different that I can remember (like I said, I hadn't even made any update, not even configured the wired network connection yet) was turning off and on the power plug in my wireless router while this last fresh install was running.