PDA

View Full Version : hello from an absolute newbie

RaiSuli
December 7th, 2005, 11:25 PM
Just would like to say to everyone in this forum. I finished installing Ubuntu twenty minutes ago, and as this is my first attempt at linux, I should qualify as a newbie... or a noob.

You will probably hear quite a lot from me for a while, mainly pathetic cries for help in the absolute beginners forum. :D

Oh, and let me just say that the installation went great, the dual boot system works and nothing has been destroyed so far. Good start. :-)

Rinzwind
December 7th, 2005, 11:31 PM
Hello. And a warm welcome on this forum. I like it here :) :)

If you got ubuntu installed you are a newbie; n00bs are always clueless so you can't be that ;) And we all where a newbie once... heck I started a few days ago and learned so much I even started helping people :D

andril
December 8th, 2005, 12:05 AM
What up, it's gonna be great just as long as you stay in this forum and grow with the forum. I am semi-noob and this forum keeps me on the up & up. :KS

LoclynGrey
December 8th, 2005, 12:19 AM
Welcome, I'm a returning Newbie. The more days I spend reading this great forum the more i learn and the more Ubuntu becomes easier to understand and deploy.
Some one said that Ubuntu is easy it's just that we have been tainted by the "MS Windows Way" for too long.
I agree with that, when I went from MS Windows to a Mac a few years back I was just as lost as when I went from windows to Red Hat Linux shorthly after. It's the fact that we are use to the MS Windows way which is the main reason for the confusion.
Come to think of it, when I first started to use WIndows back in "3.1" days I was confused until I learnt a bit more. I guess the same method applies to anything new really.
The only use I have for Windows now is for video editing but once I sort Kino & cinelerra i'll be rockin.