PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Errno 5 while installing Ubuntu on Compaq NX7400

willgriffinrakim
December 7th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Hey, I have a compaq nx7400. It should be noted that I got a similar message when I tried to install windows XP on the nx7400.

Basically, I'll be going through installation on Ubuntu and will get an error message reading

The installer encountered an error copying files to the hard disk:

[Errno 5] Input/output error

This particular error is often due to a faulty CD/DVD disk or drive, or a faulty hard disk. It may help to clean the CD/DVD, to burn the CD/DVD at a lower speed, to clean the CD/DVD drive lens (cleaning kits are often available from electronics suppliers), to check whether the hard disk is old and in need of replacement, or to move the system to a cooler environment.

I know 100 percent that the CD is fine and the hard drive is fine. Can anyone help me? :)

-TK-
December 8th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I get same error too, as far as i could get was 68% of copying files. although mine is a desktop. my thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1004448)

txbikercple
December 9th, 2008, 07:16 PM
I've had no issues installing it on a nx7400. Sounds like either the HD or CD-rom. The only issue I've had so far is connecting with wireless. The system sees my wireless and I'm able to connect to my router but it drops the connection often whereas my nx7400 booting up with XP has no issues with my network.

ajji
December 10th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Most of the people are getting the same [Errno 5] Input/output error on 2x%.. still thr is no solution to it.