PDA

View Full Version : cant sync to Ipod with gpodder

zaphodbblx
December 7th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Hey all I have a 6 gen ipod classic (80 gb) and was useing rhythembox to sync podcasts ..this worked for a few days then for some reason it just stopped working (it wouldnt play files and wouldnt let me add files). I restored my ipod with a friends comp but now no programs will put files onto it. this includes (so far)gpodder with the librarys installed (python-gpod and python-pymad) rythembox,banshee,hippo management. my system sees the ipod and it mounts just fine but it wont let me add files to it.
ive tried a few diffrent options for gpodder starting with just the raw mount point(media/ipod) and the music file in ipod control (media/ipod/ipod_control/music)-this was where they were when the darn thing worked. in the second option the transfer dialog comes up but hangs there for a while and says that it cant write to my device. my ipod was working ok with linux untill it crashed on me! should I try putting a few files on my pod via itunes(ive seen this solution mentioned a few times?
hopefully someone can help because im lost without my podcasts. Id hate to abandon my ipod but if I have to can anyone suggest a media player that will work on ubuntu!:KS