PDA

View Full Version : i just wanted to say hey

beegee
December 7th, 2008, 01:23 PM
hey? lol):popcorn::wave:

just thought ild say hey to everyone but ill probly get in trouble cause i posted it here lol but owell

about me. well im 16, from australia and not very good with computers or the technical lingo but ild like to learn. i just started using linux recently and ild have to say its 10x better then windows (no offence to anyone) i really love the settings and programs that i have (dont know how to use a third of the programs but i will as i am a quick learner)

also ild have to say im a pretty laid back type of guy, so you can msg me and the what not, cause ill most probably message all you folks with my stupid questions lol

so thats me pretty much

BG

dracayr
December 7th, 2008, 01:28 PM
hi,

welcome to ubuntuforums! :)

If you really want to explore the world of linux, IMO the best way is buying a book, messing around with the OS, and building a LFS system (http://www.linuxfromscratch.org). Oh, and never give up :)

dracayr

HotShotDJ
December 7th, 2008, 01:33 PM
i just started using linux recently and ild have to say its 10x better then windows (no offence to anyone)I'm terribly offended!! Linux is at least 100X better than windows.:twisted:

ill most probably message all you folks with my stupid questions lolPlease avoid private messages for your support needs. There are many of us who are happy to help as much as possible to get you over any bumps in the road. However, it is much better to ask your questions ("stupid or otherwise") in the public forum. This way, you'll get a wider range of responses AND others will also benefit from the answers you receive.

Welcome! And "Hey!" back at you. ):P

Joeb454
December 7th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Moved to the Community Cafe :)

You won't get in to trouble, don't worry :p Welcome to the forums!

clive littlewood
December 7th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Hi ):P

Welcome to Ubuntu and the FABULOUS forums.

You will recieve lots of help (if required) here.

So enjoy

Clive

DougieFresh4U
December 7th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Hey to you and welcome to Ubuntu!!
A search through the forums is one of the best ways to learn as most questions you will have most likely have already been asked and answered here.
All the different settings is one of the things I enjoy most about Ubuntu.
Good luck ):P

catcharavind2003
December 7th, 2008, 02:02 PM
hi...
welcome to ubuntu...
try this links... it may be useful..
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=801404

lyceum
December 7th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Welcome!

One of the best ways to learn is reading other people's questions. If you can find the answer you learned something, if you can't it may be a question you haven't thought of yet, so you my find yourself checking back for the answer. In helping others you may just help yourself ;)

Dr Small
December 7th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Greetings and welcome to Ubuntu Forums and the world of Linux. You are only 1 year younger than me :D

I-75
December 7th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Welcome to the forum.

):P

elmer_42
December 7th, 2008, 03:43 PM
I wish more people were open-minded like this. Welcome to the forum, and welcome to Linux!

richg
December 7th, 2008, 07:33 PM
OK.

Rich