PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] What just happened to openoffice 3.0 on launchpad?

andreasis
December 7th, 2008, 07:13 AM
I've installed several system with the oo3 upgrade from here: https://launchpad.net/~openoffice-pkgs/+archive
in the past month, but as I was installing another system today I noticed that the repos were empty.

Can anyone confirm this/offer an alternative solution other than download/compiling from the oo website?

ubuntu27
December 7th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Canonical and Ubuntu were planning to provide upgrade to OpenOffice.org from version 2 to version 3 sometime in December

My guess is that the OpenOffice.org 3's PPA (Personal Package Archive) is offline because it is not needed anymore.

That means you will be able to upgrade to OO.o 3 without adding additional repository.

I don't know the precise date, so let's just wait :)

frankleeee
December 7th, 2008, 08:12 AM
The ppa is empty due to some bugs in that version, although I have 003 running on two different computers downloaded from the site, with the only problem being the quick systray leaving after any restart.

andreasis
December 7th, 2008, 09:52 AM
>_<* Thanks guys. At least I know that I'm not crazy after all... and yes, that quick systray bug is impossible.

andreasis
December 7th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I just noticed something interesting: franklee and ubuntu27, if you have office 3.0 installed right now, can you try running this command on bootup:
ooffice -quickstart -nologo -nodefault

ubuntu27
December 7th, 2008, 11:29 PM
I just noticed something interesting: franklee and ubuntu27, if you have office 3.0 installed right now, can you try running this command on bootup:
ooffice -quickstart -nologo -nodefault

I don't have OO.o 3 installed.
What happens when you remove the logo?