PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Firefox & Evolution Crash and Keyboard Issues

rhardie
December 7th, 2008, 06:54 AM
I have begun to have challenges with Firefox with two symtoms:

FireFox crashes with some sites running Flash. I have turned off my plugins until FF works and it appears to be Flash related. I loaded and unloaded the Adobe Flash 10.0 for 64 Bit OS.

Second FF issue is that often, certain of my keys don't appear on the screen echo unless I move the cursor off the browser page and onto the desktop, click and go back to the address bar.

Interestingly enough, My Evolution email client will crash for no apparent reason when moving between functions. The crash occurs sometimes when moving from email to calendar mode or vice versa. Sometimes it just crashes because it has nothing better to do and it wants to make me angry by wasting my time.

All symptoms began about a month ago and I've just been suffering through the issues until now.

System Configuration:

AMD Athlon 64
3 GB RAM
300 MB HD
FireFox 3.0.4
Adobe Flash 10.0 64 Bit version (Just released)
Evolution 2.24.2
Ubuntu 8.10

Thanks in advance

rhardie
December 8th, 2008, 05:35 AM
I was just in Google mail and pressed the "reply" button and Firefox Shut Down immediately.

Any ideas? Anyone?

I'm getting enough stuff crashing that I can't find answers for that I'm considering going back to Windows or getting a MAC - And the thought doesn't make me happy, but neither does sitting around with equipment (that earns an income for me and my family) that doesn't work.

groupmsl
December 11th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Sorry, I haven't come with a solution, but I would like to confirm all of these described bugs, they are most anoying Grr! Interestingly my system spec is almost identical to rhardie!

I really hope someone fixes this soon!