PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ext 3 file system creation...

kdixon
December 7th, 2008, 05:31 AM
HI,, i've been trying to get ubuntu installed all day and startign to give up, i burned the iso disc and went through the "boot from cd" but when i get to the option screen, that says things like install ubuntu and test disk, it doesnt go anywhere then finally tells me to reboot. i tryed hitting f6 then deleting the quiet splash and tryed adding things like noapic nolapic..etc that i read to do when having problems but no luck there. I also tryed running wubi which worked but when i hit the install button, which i think installs ubuntu fully it takes me through 7 steps then during the installation gives me the error "the ext 3 file system creation in partition #1 of loopback (loop2) failed" i have no idea what im doing wrong, any suggestions to get on track would help, thanks!

kdixon
December 7th, 2008, 05:42 AM
bump?

taurus
December 7th, 2008, 06:44 AM
What's the spec of your machine? At the initial screen, did you pick the scan cd for defects option to make sure the installer cd is good?

kdixon
December 7th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Yea i tryed that and it also just waits then tells me to reboot. i have an AMD 1.3 GHz windows xp, 250 gig harddrive 1 gig ram,(i can get more details when i get home, i have a bad memory), when i burnt the cd i used my last blank cd so i couldnt retry a new cd last night but i just made one now at school but i need an admin password to boot from disc sooo i'll have to try it when i get home