PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Nero 7

Zachs Kappler
December 6th, 2008, 11:58 PM
I need Nero 7 or later to run on Ubuntu 8.10. Now before you launch into telling me to use other free programs, I'll tell you now I've tried all video editing software for Ubuntu. None of them can do video editing, dvd menus, or special burning functions. I use Bearso and have tried devede, pitivi, and avidmux. QDVDAuthor came close to what i want but has some fluke preventing me from using it much and lacks templates. So, any suggestions?

inobe
December 7th, 2008, 12:07 AM
here's the thing, nero linux is nothing compared to the windows version, it lacks so many feature's.

unless of course their is a better version out !

i found mandvd to be closest to nero.

mandvd can be found here, the lack of templates may steer you away' however you have a lot of functionality, you can create your own templates, possibly use nero's !

http://www.getdeb.net/

also check out nero linux to see if it has the features you need

http://www.nero.com/enu/linux3.html

Mark Phelps
December 8th, 2008, 03:28 AM
The simple answer is -- you can't. Nero 7 is an MS Windows application, not Linux. Nero Linux (which, BTW is NOT available for free), is a minimal version of Nero that contains only the CD/DVD burning features. None of the other bundled features of Nero 7 are available in Nero Linux.

You would need to install and run Wine -- but that would be a waste of time because, according the the CodeWeavers website (the suppliers of Wine), the Nero 7 application is "known not to work."

Zachs Kappler
December 26th, 2008, 06:01 AM
Lovely... I'll give mandvd a shot. Hopefully I won't need Windows for much after this.

Zachs Kappler
January 4th, 2009, 12:58 AM
You would need to install and run Wine -- but that would be a waste of time because, according the the CodeWeavers website (the suppliers of Wine), the Nero 7 application is "known not to work."
Wait... Codeweavers made Crossover which is based on Wine... Wine was made by a group of Linux users and is supported by Codeweavers... Not made.

Oh and Mandvd is pretty nice at piecing together a video dvd, so maybe between it and Brasero will fill in for the functions that nero 7 had.