PDA

View Full Version : Dell XPS M1330

Jdm111
December 6th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Thinking about getting this laptop for school with Ubuntu. What are your opinions on this machine?

grazed
December 6th, 2008, 10:44 PM
you get much more bang for your buck with the 1530.

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=dydwhu1&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&kc=segtopic~linux_3x

extra gig of ram, a dedicated graphics card, and a slightly better cpu with the default config.

of course, it comes with ubuntu instead of vista. so if you already have a license for windows, i would definitely have a look at the 1530 instead. =)

mihai.ile
December 6th, 2008, 11:17 PM
well yes but don't forget that he said is for school and maybe size matters. My laptop is a 15.4" one and I'm sure won't buy this size anymore. I also want to buy the 1330, it's just that it's not available in portugal and don't know how to order it...

oh and about the machine.. as I said I don't have onebut saw very good reviews of the laptop, and about the design things like "it's the prettiest laptop that don't has a apple logo on the back" :)

Jdm111
December 7th, 2008, 12:45 AM
you get much more bang for your buck with the 1530.

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=dydwhu1&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&kc=segtopic~linux_3x

extra gig of ram, a dedicated graphics card, and a slightly better cpu with the default config.

of course, it comes with ubuntu instead of vista. so if you already have a license for windows, i would definitely have a look at the 1530 instead. =)
I have a 15 inch laptop now and theres no way im going to be able to take it to school. Plus i can't but a 1530 in the UK with Ubuntu. I don't need a windows user because i use Ubuntu and even right now.

well yes but don't forget that he said is for school and maybe size matters. My laptop is a 15.4" one and I'm sure won't buy this size anymore. I also want to buy the 1330, it's just that it's not available in portugal and don't know how to order it...

oh and about the machine.. as I said I don't have onebut saw very good reviews of the laptop, and about the design things like "it's the prettiest laptop that don't has a apple logo on the back" :)
Yep my freind has a Macbook and it seams a reasonable size.