Everything is setup with all the eye candy etc ... :popcorn:

But ..

How do you clean your system up?

I use "sudo apt-get autoclean"

Is there anything else?

Cheers Brucey

dyous87
December 6th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Well I guess that all depends. What do you mean by cleaning up exactly? What do you want to clean or get rid of?

brucey1st
December 6th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Well I guess that all depends. What do you mean by cleaning up exactly? What do you want to clean or get rid of?

Clean up as in an equivalent to defrag etc in windows ...

Brucey

dyous87
December 6th, 2008, 10:51 PM
There is really no need, or equivalent to defragging for a Linux installation. The file system checks that occurs every 30 or so times you boot up your computer will take care of any inconsistencies that may arise.

Apart from that, the only cleaning up I can think of is getting rid of hidden directories in your home folder that are left overs from uninstalled applications. You can access hidden folders by pressing "control h".

brucey1st
December 6th, 2008, 10:56 PM
There is really no need, or equivalent to defragging for a Linux installation. The file system checks that occurs every 30 or so times you boot up your computer will take care of any inconsistencies that may arise.

Apart from that, the only cleaning up I can think of is getting rid of hidden directories in your home folder that are left overs from uninstalled applications. You can access hidden folders by pressing "control h".

Gawd changed dayz lol

Thanx for the reply

Brucey

dyous87
December 6th, 2008, 10:57 PM
No problem :)

Good luck!
David