PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Epiphany-why nobody mentiones it?

zika
December 6th, 2008, 05:22 PM
I've stumbled today on Epiphany browser. It works great! Gnome-Gecko browser does everything I need with great Java ... Why nobody talks abou it. Because it does not make any trouble and works like it is supposed to?

Don Cox
December 6th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Use it a lot. It's as comfortable as an old pair of slippers.
__
Don

DJ_Peng
December 6th, 2008, 08:40 PM
I gave it a try when I got tired of the boneheaded decisions Mozilla devs make in favor of new users against long time users but I was never truly happy with it. There are a number of extensions that have become must haves, and doing something as simply as opening new tabs in the forefront is difficult if not flat out impossible. Until we can get Epiphany as a true replacement for Firefox (including changes in Firefox 3.1 that users are already screaming about) Epiphany will never get the ink it deserves.

dyous87
December 6th, 2008, 09:53 PM
I agree with DJ_Peng. Epiphany is nice and all, especially since of late firefox has begun to feel so bloated and slow, but it just does not have the rendering/ features needed for me to use as a full time browser.

stinger30au
December 6th, 2008, 10:05 PM
it is good, and i do use it every now and then, but i prefer opera

bp1509
December 7th, 2008, 02:31 AM
d

dyous87
December 7th, 2008, 02:52 AM
I am personally looking forward for a stable chrome to be released for linux. Does anyone know if/ when this will happen?

bp1509
December 7th, 2008, 05:07 AM
d

dyous87
December 7th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Nope, but you can have google notify you about it when it's ready:
http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/linux.html

Thanks for that! :)