PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Iso Burning Problem

boboxjordan
December 6th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Hi there,

I have a problem with burning the ISO file. I have downloaded the latest version. I start the InfraRecorder. I go to Actions/Burn Image, select the iso file, OK and then the Total progress bar is at 100% for a second, the status is: Operation Completed and the message below is 17:17:06 Started to write disk in real write mode. Then, nothing - I can click OK and at the end there is nothing on the disk.

I'd appreciate your help guys.
PS. I am burning on a DVD.
Thanx

lovelyvik293
December 6th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Which operating system you are using?
If you are using the ubuntu then you don't have to use any other software.Just click on the ISO image and you can write it on the CD.:popcorn:

boboxjordan
December 6th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Which operating system you are using?
If you are using the ubuntu then you don't have to use any other software.Just click on the ISO image and you can write it on the CD.:popcorn:

Sorry for not clarifying. I am on XP. The iso file was checked and it is ok. But somehow I cant burn the image...

yogo
December 6th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Sorry for not clarifying. I am on XP. The iso file was checked and it is ok. But somehow I cant burn the image...

Download imgburn (http://www.imgburn.com/) and use that to burn your iso, works great on Ubuntu as well.

boboxjordan
December 6th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Download imgburn (http://www.imgburn.com/) and use that to burn your iso, works great on Ubuntu as well.

Thanx, it worked. However, when I choose to install the English version, then the loading bar is ok, but when the brown background loads and the small loading circle appears it just freezes. What might be the problem?

Thank you in advance.

yogo
December 7th, 2008, 01:58 AM
Thanx, it worked. However, when I choose to install the English version, then the loading bar is ok, but when the brown background loads and the small loading circle appears it just freezes. What might be the problem?

Thank you in advance.

I am not sure what you are talking about, could you post some screenshots?

TIA

snova
December 7th, 2008, 03:53 AM
How fast did you burn it? It needs to be done slowly. The disk should include an option in the menu to check for errors, try that.

Failing the test, there's nothing but to burn another disk, but at a slower speed- 2x or even 1x to be on the safe side.