PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] can't save my desktop settings

Cybahippy
December 6th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Hello,
Could anyone tell me why it is that every time start my computer it does not save my desktop settings with all the effects that I want...cube..etc,etc,??? So every time I start my computer I have to do it all again..!!
This is starting to drive me around the bend...!!

komoto
December 6th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Hi Cyba

I think I've got the same issue as you. I'll setup my desktop environment with my own skin and window behaviour settings etc. If I restart the computer and login again None of the settings are there. All I have to do to resolve this is logout then log back in again.

I think this is something to do with the gconf daemon. Perhaps it's not loading in time, so the gnome desktop environment can't pull its settings from it.

-Kom

Cybahippy
December 7th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Thanks for that ...but it did'nt work for me..
When I start to re-set my desktop setting (everytime I put my computer on.!) i get a message saying that my problem as something to do with the 'Gnome settings manager' which may be due to a conflict with KDE...!WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN?? How can I resolve that?
May be I should have posted this on 'Absolute Beginners' :D

gettinoriginal
December 7th, 2008, 08:22 AM
This should help

http://ubuntuforums.org/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=6318415

Cybahippy
December 7th, 2008, 08:22 AM
P.S.
Up until a couple of days ago it worked fine..!! Clearly I've 'clicked' on something I should'nt have..