PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting harassed at the gym

boobuntu
December 5th, 2008, 11:51 PM
I decided to sign up at my local powerhouse because I want to get respect at work. However, there's a group of college frat heads at the gym who think they can make Italian Mortadella out of Bologna.

Last week I was throwing up around 150 on the bench, when the one douche comes over, pulls down his shorts and sits on my face for about 2-3 seconds.

On another occasion I was sweatin' hard doing a flex'd arm-hang, when they thought it would be funny to yank on my shorts. The gym was packed that night and it got a lot of people riled up.

I'm in a tough spot cause there's about 10 of them. Management just tells them to knock it off, probably cause they don't won't to lose money on their memberships.

Anyone else have this problem? Can you give me some advice please?

Swarms
December 5th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Take your business elsewhere?

fillintheblank
December 5th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Take your business elsewhere?
Short of doing something worthy of jail time...that looks like your best bet.

magmon
December 6th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Hmm... Gets some friends a trial membership =P?

happysmileman
December 6th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Go to management and say you'll complain (to whoever is relevant) if they don't put an end to it (In most places they could be held liable if they know about it and do nothing, depends on location I assume)?

Even if you don't actually intend to complain it might kinda scare them into stopping it, otherwise you can either go through with a complaint (either about the college boys or the gym) or take your business elsewhere.
More than likely if you leave they'll move on to someone else so might be best to try and resolve it rather than pawn the problem off to the next guy

p_quarles
December 6th, 2008, 12:10 AM
In many jurisdictions, what they are doing could get them locked up on battery charges. Take it to the law enforcement officials in your area. Ultimately, though, no one here is in a position to sound advice, so I'm going to close this thread.