PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Base module list

nienaber
December 5th, 2008, 09:06 PM
So, I tried to upgrade my machines from 6.06 to 8.04. It didn't exactly go well at all. I managed to strip it back down to 6.06 and got the system working again, then tried to upgrade to 6.10. This is where things went bad. I did some bad modules calls and now the system is pretty broken. Reinstall isn't an option at all. I was wonder what the core modules are that would allow the system to get back to a level where at least the terminal works again. Even just a list of basic modules every system needs would be great.
Thanks in advance,
Wickus

nienaber
December 6th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Could really use some help here.

nienaber
December 6th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Still like some help here.
Thanks
Wickus

nienaber
December 10th, 2008, 05:59 AM
back to the top

Smith..
April 10th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Yeah that's sad man, sorry to hear that one. You never got help with this did you? I hope you didn't give up and got your issue fixed. I'm finding out that there is a LOT of stuff going on with this linux man. After being a solid windows user for years. It's like Living in a house with the curtains always drawn. Then linux comes in and shows you what your computer can actually do. My question and not to the original poster here:

Why did no one help this guy out?

I'm trying to find out about modules as well. Will no one help me out either? I hope that's not the case, but if it is. I will find out the answer eventually. When I come across these posts I'll try to be as helpful as possible.

lisati
April 10th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Thread closed, necromancy.