PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to be gone for a while.

Xzallion
December 5th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I just joined the United States of America's Army, and will be shipping out for basic on January 13, 2009. I won't be able to read the forums or anything for a long while after that, and just wanted to say that while I don't post much it has been fun reading and learning with everyone. Take care fellow Ubuntu users.

magmon
December 5th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Keep your sights adjusted and dont be ashamed to take cover! Good luck out there, man!

kernelhaxor
December 5th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Thats great! You should be really proud of yourself, hold your head high! Good luck!

And yep, as magmon said, you shouldn't be ashamed to take cover .. I'm no soldier but just my 2 cents

dannytatom
December 5th, 2008, 09:12 AM
I'm not sure if you're allowed to use a cellphone or not, but if so, go get a smartphone so you can browse the net. ;)

& good luck!

magmon
December 5th, 2008, 09:16 AM
I know for a fact you can take psp's or computers to Iraq, I have 2 cousins out there who communicate with us thru video chat.

eternalnewbee
December 5th, 2008, 09:45 AM
I just wish you weren't going...

Sealbhach
December 5th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Good luck to ya Buddy. Hope it all goes well for you.):P

Eisenwinter
December 5th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Why did you join the army?

Nano Geek
December 5th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Good luck out there, we'll miss you, and we salute your bravery.
Take care of yourself.

forrestcupp
December 5th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Thank you, and God bless.

chucky chuckaluck
December 5th, 2008, 03:26 PM
good luck, dude. i hope all goes well for you and the friends you will make.

notwen
December 5th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Best of luck to you. I've got a buddy who's had 3 tours in the past 3 tours in the past 5 years and is loving it, most parts. Regardless, thank you for your service and take care of yourself. =]

matthew
December 5th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Best wishes, and thank you.

Hopefully we will see you around occasionally, when you are able.

Xzallion
December 5th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Thanks everyone. I will take care of myself, and somewhere around July I should be stationed at a post and hopefully will have a laptop by then. I'll make sure to sign back in when I get a chance.

Eisenwinter, I joined for a lot of reasons. I like doing a lot of physical stuff, I wanted out of my hometown, and really because I think It will be a good career for me.

Also, anyone else dislike MEPS stations? After spending all day at one yesterday, I don't care for them.