PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation broblem

yanivfr1
December 5th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Hi all,

I just got new laptop computer (Acer 6930G) with Vista Home Premiume SP1. I decided to install Ubuntu from inside the Vista (Dual-boot).
I installed the ubuntu-8.04.1-desktop-i386 version.
After the installation I enter my new Ubuntu and I noticed that the network card and the graphic card and also the sound not working.
I talked with a friend that told me to try running the ubuntu-8.10-desktop-i386 from the live cd and see if its fix my problems.
I download It, and burned it.
All my problem where gone, all work fine from LIVE CD.
Here comes the real problem....
I tried to remove the current installation (8.04.1)from "Add remove Program" in Vista.
The computer work very hard but nothing happened and the 8.04 not removed. I also try to uninstall it from the ubuntu folder by using the Uninstall-Ubuntu.exe but its not working either.
Please HELP...
Thanks.
Y.

Nathan Sweeney
December 5th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Hi all,

I just got new laptop computer (Acer 6930G) with Vista Home Premiume SP1. I decided to install Ubuntu from inside the Vista (Dual-boot).
I installed the ubuntu-8.04.1-desktop-i386 version.
After the installation I enter my new Ubuntu and I noticed that the network card and the graphic card and also the sound not working.
I talked with a friend that told me to try running the ubuntu-8.10-desktop-i386 from the live cd and see if its fix my problems.
I download It, and burned it.
All my problem where gone, all work fine from LIVE CD.
Here comes the real problem....
I tried to remove the current installation (8.04.1)from "Add remove Program" in Vista.
The computer work very hard but nothing happened and the 8.04 not removed. I also try to uninstall it from the ubuntu folder by using the Uninstall-Ubuntu.exe but its not working either.
Please HELP...
Thanks.
Y.

You shouldn't be able to remove ubuntu from within windows, unless you are trying to install using wubi. I would recommend shrinking Vista and installing Ubuntu separate, but that's just me.

yanivfr1
December 5th, 2008, 08:48 AM
You shouldn't be able to remove ubuntu from within windows, unless you are trying to install using wubi. I would recommend shrinking Vista and installing Ubuntu separate, but that's just me.

I'm also tried to install the 8.10 by using the wubi... but its not working and I don't know whats wrong.