PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Dapper Drake "Applications" .xml file blank...

derekboy
December 4th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Okay. Before the actual post I would like to explain to everyone reading that I am a "Linux Noob". I have never used Linux in my life.

On my Dell computer, I had installed Xubuntu 6.1* (because I have very little RAM). The next day, I noticed the "Applications" menu had no items. When I click on it it turns a different shade like other buttons do when you click on them, but no items are in the menu.

I decided to right click the menu and click "Edit". A program called Xfce something-something opened up with the default menu .xml already opened. But there were no items in the .xml. The .xml file is also 0 bytes in size.

I tried making a new .xml and adding items to it. But I was shocked to see that when I set the "Applications" menu to use that .xml, still nothing popped up.

Please help, I have no experience in any type of Linux. I have no idea how to access the items that used to be in the menu. If someone would upload the default .xml file, or any other way to help me, I would very much appreciate it.

~Derek

derekboy
December 5th, 2008, 01:18 PM
No one's had this problem?

It's kind of weird that whenever I create a new menu / Menu .xml file the .xml file never saves or something, even though I always press "Save". But theres always nothing in the .xml file afdter saving...

~Derek

derekboy
December 6th, 2008, 01:58 AM
This is pretty ridiculous...