PDA

View Full Version : Equivalent to Bloodhsed/Dev C++ under Ubuntu

masterxellos
December 4th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Hello everybody, I'm fairly new to Ubuntu / GNU Linux overall. I was wondering if there is anything under linux that could be equivalent to Bloodshed Dev C++. I'm in a C++ programming class and I need a simple IDE like Bloodshed. I've tried Eclipse out though that seems to be a much larger beast than what I really need. Any feedback is appreciated and thanks for the help.

kknd
December 4th, 2008, 09:30 PM
You can use Geany + gcc.

Johnsie
December 4th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Eclipse is a pretty good IDE. Nm should've ready the post properly ;-)

rabbitman
December 4th, 2008, 10:48 PM
I used to use the Dev-C++ IDE in Windows a lot too. But I now use Code::Blocks (http://www.codeblocks.org/) in both Ubuntu & Windows.

OutOfReach
December 4th, 2008, 11:50 PM
I've used Dev-C++ and I thought it was lightweight and I ended up using Geany. I think IDEs like NetBeans, Code::Blocks, Eclipse are too bloated for my liking.

masterxellos
December 5th, 2008, 05:28 AM
Geany seems to fit my needs perfectly, it's VERY close to what bloodshed does. The only problem I have with geany is running compiled code, which it can't seem to do. The error I receive inside geany is: "Failed to execute terminal program." When run from the command prompt, it also returns the error "(geany:23896): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_grab_default: assertion `GTK_WIDGET_CAN_DEFAULT (widget)' failed" if that's related at all. Anyone have any ideas?