PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Kernel panic Intel wireless 4965 and 3945 chipset

rstoya05-lx
December 4th, 2008, 08:14 PM
I experience kernel panics similar to this issue:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/276990

In the 8.10 release notes this is described as an issue with Intel wireless 4965. This is the what I have:

$ lspci | grep -i wire
03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG [Golan] Network Connection (rev 02)

What I'd like to know is if based on my chipset I could be affected by the exact same issue? Or does this require filing a new bug?

Siruso
December 4th, 2008, 08:17 PM
I'm having the exact same problem with my 3945abg. No idea how to fix it, just thought I'd chime in.

Siruso

drcnoib
February 2nd, 2009, 08:54 AM
Bump!

I am still experiencing that and would love to use wireless on my computer. Any suggestions?

Using Kubuntu 8.10, all kernels available experience the same problems with the N network I have in the lab: Kernel Panic.

Do you think I should file a bug?

Catalin

dfnwpofb
February 18th, 2009, 10:25 AM
I moved to Ubuntu from Windows recently.

Every half an hour or so the system hangs, kernel panic. This is caused, I think, by my Intel Wireless/Pro 4965 NIC.

This is a very popular network card in laptops and I am surprised that the supposedly best/most popular Linux distro cant handle it. even opensolaris can handle it no probs so why not ubuntu? I think from other posts i have seen that this whole family of cards is affected.

Is there a fix, or shall I move back to a stable os (windows /sigh)

00arthuryu
May 29th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Did anyone get a solution with this?
:(
I'm trying to upgrade to 9.04 at the moment