PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu and komodo edit 5

jonathanlcook
December 4th, 2008, 04:19 PM
This is a minor problem and i am sure that i just overlooked something small, but i need another viewpoint.

I have downloaded and installed komodo edit 5 and it runs fine. all is working except i can not get it to run from the command line. what is komodo's command?

I have tried every version of the word i can think of and all the terminal says is "bash: komodo: command not found"

What am i missing??

GROMS
December 22nd, 2008, 09:25 PM
Just purchased and downloaded Komodo 5.0.3 IDE from Active state. How do I install it and how do install the licence (this isn't anything like windows)????? I would like to put it under the etc directory so all users can use it.

Stephen

faust99
January 25th, 2009, 05:30 PM
This is a minor problem and i am sure that i just overlooked something small, but i need another viewpoint.

I have downloaded and installed komodo edit 5 and it runs fine. all is working except i can not get it to run from the command line. what is komodo's command?

I have tried every version of the word i can think of and all the terminal says is "bash: komodo: command not found"

What am i missing??

You need to be in the directory where komodo is installed (~/Komodo-Edit-5/bin/), and then preface the command with ./ (i.e. "./komodo").

faust99
January 25th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Just purchased and downloaded Komodo 5.0.3 IDE from Active state. How do I install it and how do install the licence (this isn't anything like windows)????? I would like to put it under the etc directory so all users can use it.

Stephen

Instructions for installation were included in the tarball that contains the program; as a html file.