PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Use Broadcom proprietary again after ndiswrapper uninstall

slovy88
December 4th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Heloo
Im using 6735s notebook from HP. I had a little problem connecting to the wifi with the proprietary driver for broadcom so i uninstalled it and tried to install a driver with ndiswrapper but that one wasnt working so i removed first the driver with ndiswrapper and then i uninstalled ndiswrapper with synaptic. Installed the proprietary broadcom driver it was showing that it is activated and in use but after reboot it is activated but not in use. I cant find out how to keep it in use after reboot.
Pls help.
Thank you

the card is a BCM4322
ubuntu 8.10

Ayuthia
December 4th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Can you post the results of:

cat /etc/modules|grep -e ndiswrapper -e b43 -e ssb -e wl
cat /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist|grep -e ndiswrapper -e b43 -e ssb -e wl
There are most likely some modules here that are in the wrong place since you are no longer using ndiswrapper.

slovy88
December 4th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Thx for your reply
Ok so here it goes

For the first line of code you send me I get no result.
For the second one I get this
# replaced by b43 and ssb.

slovy88
December 5th, 2008, 02:21 PM
please help i cant figure it out.
googled everything i could think of but i didnt find a thing concerning a similar case to mine

Ayuthia
December 5th, 2008, 03:40 PM
please help i cant figure it out.
googled everything i could think of but i didnt find a thing concerning a similar case to mine

Sorry. I have been building Gentoo on my laptop during the past few days. Since you don't have anything in those files that are adding or removing wireless modules for you, let try:

echo wl | sudo tee -a /etc/modules
That will add the wl module to the load list when the system boots up. That should hopefully do it for you.

slovy88
December 5th, 2008, 03:47 PM
thank you very much it actualy worked
:-)