PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu and Capax Graphics Tablet.

Solorflare
December 4th, 2008, 04:28 AM
I have Ubuntu installed and tried to install my
"Capax Graphics Tablet" module WCK-C121

When I hover the pen over the graphics tablet it will move the cursor on the screen but as soon as i press the pen down to the tablet to write the cursor freezes.

Is this tablet only good on Windows Vista machines?
Or is there a way to get it to work on Ubuntu?
My version of ubuntu is the latest one.

Thank you.

tryph
January 1st, 2009, 08:41 AM
I have a similar problem, except mine does not work at all. I tried putting a new battery in my pen, but nothing happened. The little LED light indicates that the tablet is functioning, but it does not respond to anything.

Solorflare
January 4th, 2009, 04:37 AM
I have a similar problem, except mine does not work at all. I tried putting a new battery in my pen, but nothing happened. The little LED light indicates that the tablet is functioning, but it does not respond to anything.

Tried the same. Even tried holding my mouse button down and hover the pen across the top of the pad... the pointer freezes.

Thalarse
February 7th, 2009, 05:10 AM
I have the same trouble. I can point, but can't click. Oddly the middle button on the stylus (button 2 or whatever) will work for scrolling, but not button 1 or 3. According to the windows drivers (installed via wine from the cd) it's an Aiptek device at it's core.

I found this just now, but it's old and I'm a bit nervous about trying it. http://aiptektablet.sourceforge.net/

Does anyone know about a newer project?

Solorflare
March 29th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Sorry about reviving a long ago post but i thought it would be better then having to post another topic thats almost identical.

Would you know believe since i have updated to Ubuntu 9.10 I have this problem AGAIN... I have noticed a lot of people are having problems with Aiptek... I have tried all the walk throughs of trying to fix this issue and I still cannot get this working... i am so tempted to downgrade my system or worse go back to windows.