PDA

View Full Version : Hello, another one boldly ventures

scruffy
December 7th, 2005, 05:07 AM
Hi to all,

Well I've popped in to say hello as you can see. Hopefully the first of many posts and questions a plenty. A budding ubuntu/linux convert :cool: . After too many years that I care to mention of playing around on windows, first steps being on win 3.1 and presently on winxp 64 ( sorry am I allowed to mention that here? ) I have plucked up the stuffing to have a stab at linux, its not scary at all is it !

First installation and first ever use of this has been today so please forgive my bewildered nature as I attempt to learn my way. Anyhow, as I said first time installation was a breeze ( no pun intended ). Start of installation to browsing the web in just 35 minutes, now thats got to be a good sign. No bugs, no hiccups, nothing just staight in , updated and business as usual. A big thanks to all those that have made this step a smooth one.

I have a myriad of questions but those will wait as mannners and hello's come first.

Regards

Scruffy

*a new and happy breezy 5.10 x64 user :D

BabaFree
December 7th, 2005, 06:51 AM
Welcome Aboard,
Fairly new to the Linux world myself, but I love it. I finally wiped the HD clean last week to get rid of the Dual boot so I am officially 100% linux. I'm sure you'll find the community as great as I have, so don't hesitate to ask questions. Again, welcome to Ubuntu.
God Bless,
Baba