PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation Freeze and caps lock flashes

lo13gan
December 4th, 2008, 12:01 AM
While trying to install both ubuntu (8.10 and 8.04) and open suse on my hp laptop, 1.6 GHz intel duo core, 2 GB ram, intel i945gm chipset/video, the computer just freezes at about 15% of loading cd. The caps lock light flashes and i cant even perform a live session. its not the disk, either, as i have tried it numerous times on my roomates dell and it works perfectly. I have had ubuntu installed on this computer before but i had to reformat and now i cant reinstall linux. i have no idea why this isnt working, any help would be appreciated.

lo13gan
December 4th, 2008, 12:08 AM
While trying to install both ubuntu (8.10 and 8.04) and open suse on my hp laptop, 1.6 GHz intel duo core, 2 GB ram, intel i945gm chipset/video, the computer just freezes at about 15% of loading cd. The caps lock light flashes and i cant even perform a live session. its not the disk, either, as i have tried it numerous times on my roomates dell and it works perfectly. I have had ubuntu installed on this computer before but i had to reformat and now i cant reinstall linux. i have no idea why this isnt working, any help would be appreciated.

K.Mandla
December 4th, 2008, 01:27 AM
Duplicate threads merged.