PDA

View Full Version : I'm 14!

benplaut
December 7th, 2005, 02:53 AM
happy birthday to me... if someone offers me a free linux CD, or anything of the type, i will virtually punch them :D

erikpiper
December 7th, 2005, 02:58 AM
WOW I thought you were an adult!!!!

I am 14...
Are u a freshman? Or in 8'th?

xequence
December 7th, 2005, 03:06 AM
I am also 14.

benplaut
December 7th, 2005, 03:34 AM
WOW I thought you were an adult!!!!

I am 14...
Are u a freshman? Or in 8'th?

i'm in 8th, but taking several 10th grade classes... i would skip up 9th grades would allow it), but i'd rather have friends of my age ;)

YourSurrogateGod
December 7th, 2005, 03:34 AM
Youngins :p !!!

/happy b-day :) ...

Iandefor
December 7th, 2005, 03:47 AM
Happy Birthday! Hopefully, it went well for you. *Gets busy preparing to send free Breezy CD's*

macgyver2
December 7th, 2005, 03:51 AM
Happy Birthday! I, too, thought you were older than 14 from your posts...good job with that.

somuchfortheafter
December 7th, 2005, 03:57 AM
happy birthday and thanks for making me feel old at the ripe age of 17 :)

YourSurrogateGod
December 7th, 2005, 04:15 AM
Only 7 more years until you can buy liquer legally, start counting down the years :) !

BLTicklemonster
December 7th, 2005, 04:21 AM
Happy Ubirnthday!!!!

gorkhal
December 7th, 2005, 04:23 AM
well good for u young whipper snapper...cough cough...

bored2k
December 7th, 2005, 04:31 AM
someone should send you 14 ubuntu discs :)

cheers bplaut

YourSurrogateGod
December 7th, 2005, 04:36 AM
Hehehe...

benplaut
December 7th, 2005, 04:49 AM

cheers bplaut

no thanks... i have 30 :rolleyes:

matthew
December 7th, 2005, 04:55 AM
A very happy birthday to you!

KiwiNZ
December 7th, 2005, 04:58 AM
Happy birthday have a great day

raublekick
December 7th, 2005, 05:08 AM
Sheesh, you're such a n00b at life!
:)

Happy birthday, young Ubuntian

scruffy
December 7th, 2005, 05:09 AM
Have a good one :D

atoponce
December 7th, 2005, 05:15 AM
happy birthday and thanks for making me feel old at the ripe age of 17 :) So how should I feel being 28? ;)

matthew
December 7th, 2005, 05:16 AM
So how should I feel being 28? ;) Younger than me at 35.

earobinson
December 7th, 2005, 05:18 AM
happy birthday!

Couple of questions
Do you have your own computer or is it a shared computer?
Do you dual boot or single boot and why?
If you dual boot what you use more?
What do the rest of your family run?

Arktis
December 7th, 2005, 05:21 AM
Allow me to present to you as a birthday gift 1 free invisible bag of air to be transported via stealth aircraft and dropped over your house at an unknown date.

Enjoy.

earobinson
December 7th, 2005, 05:32 AM
make him pay the shiping

rippon
December 7th, 2005, 05:36 AM
happy birthday!

Couple of questions
Those are good questions. I will answer them for you (I am 16)
1) It is basically my computer, though I do not mind anyone using else using it.

2)I dual boot with XP home becuase I cant get ubuntu and my x800pro to game well.

3) Depends. Gaming is XP, I also use it to print stuff, or word/powerpoints that need to be done in word (OOo to MSPP doesnt go well for me). I cant get my cheap printer to work well with Ubuntu (barely works with XP). If I am just going to surf the net, and stuff, then I dont go to XP. I feel very insecure on XP, and ubuntu fixes that. linux=secure

4) My parents have thier computer which they primarly use, and it has been strictly linux for 9 months, mostly ubuntu 5.04, and now 5.10.
I, of course, forced linux on them. It is fast, and stable, so they dont cry too much. Especially when I remind them how much XP+Office costs.:!:

earobinson
December 7th, 2005, 06:10 AM
I only made the jump to linux (no windows at all) after i left home, im now trying to convert my little bro (13) but well see how it goes. (I should be giving him a ubuntu laptop (really old, but dose the job for taking notes) next school year so maybe that will convert him!

raublekick
December 7th, 2005, 06:16 AM
I only made the jump to linux (no windows at all) after i left home, im now trying to convert my little bro (13) but well see how it goes. (I should be giving him a ubuntu laptop (really old, but dose the job for taking notes) next school year so maybe that will convert him!

I just installed Breezy on my 14 year old sister's computer. I basically gave her an ultimatum: let me install Ubuntu or I'm not going to fix the problems you cause anymore:p

TeeAhr1
December 7th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Hey, have-a the happy hatchling day!

benplaut
December 7th, 2005, 08:43 AM
happy birthday!

Couple of questions

i bought myself a laptop last year... got sick and tired of waiting for the family dell all the time.

i single boot, 'cause i have no use for windows (but when i get a powerfull desktop for gaming, i'm going to dual-boot)

when i dual boot, i'm going to be on windows alot of the time... the laptop for school work, desktop for games and... gentoo :cool: i feel so dirty...

the family desktop currently runs Windows, but once my sis gets all her pictures, music, and movies off of it, it's going to be dual-booting - all her pics are taking about 40gb, leaving no room (and defragging takes 3 days).

-Grown Down :rolleyes:

GeneralZod
December 7th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Blimey - that makes me twice your age!

Anyway, Happy Birthday!

Brunellus
December 7th, 2005, 02:36 PM
I just installed Breezy on my 14 year old sister's computer. I basically gave her an ultimatum: let me install Ubuntu or I'm not going to fix the problems you cause anymore:p
that's how I've been with my family. It helps that I can very easily point to the price of a shrink-wrapped copy of winXP and say "or would you rather pay that?"

earobinson
December 7th, 2005, 04:12 PM
ya but my family all ready has windows so i cant use that argument.
(sorry if im stealing your thunder benplaut)

Also a lot of games can be played on ubuntu under wine or cedaga!

BWF89
December 7th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Happy Birthday!

I've been 16 since Sunday and got Hacking Firefox (good book so far) and Against the Fall of NIght.

BWF89
December 7th, 2005, 04:56 PM
What presents did you get (if any) for your birthday?

Sorry for the double post but these crappy iMac G3's with MacOS9 and Internet Explorer 5 Mac Edition don't dispalay the "edit" button (i'm posting from school).

fuscia
December 7th, 2005, 06:01 PM
http://www.crenshaw-mcdonald.com/Cake.jpg

ex`
December 7th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Congrats!
Five more days 'till my 20th birthday. :)

Rinzwind
December 7th, 2005, 07:32 PM
9 days till I'm 37 :P

l0c0dantes
December 7th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Happy Birthday! I'm 19, and this crap is blowing my mind, congratulations on getting into it so young

darkoptix
December 7th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Happy Birthday!
I just turned 18 on December 3, which is a pretty pointless year to turn...

xequence
December 7th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Isnt it odd that the internet is just about the only place where people who are any age talk and stuff? On the internet you could have a 14 year old talking to a 40 year old and you wouldent know the difference. The internet is the only place where age doesent matter. (Well, for MOST things ;))

earobinson
December 7th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Isnt it odd that the internet is just about the only place where people who are any age talk and stuff? On the internet you could have a 14 year old talking to a 40 year old and you wouldent know the difference. The internet is the only place where age doesent matter. (Well, for MOST things ;))
also age, rase, sex, and anything else people discriminate aginst dosent matter.

matthew
December 7th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Isnt it odd that the internet is just about the only place where people who are any age talk and stuff? On the internet you could have a 14 year old talking to a 40 year old and you wouldent know the difference. The internet is the only place where age doesent matter. (Well, for MOST things ;))Especially when a younger person uses the cover of a Who album as his avatar. :) :)

xequence
December 7th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Especially when a younger person uses the cover of a Who album as his avatar. :) :)

The Who rock my socks :cool:

Id never get sucked in to the mindless pop music today...

Brunellus
December 7th, 2005, 10:07 PM
The Who rock my socks :cool:

Id never get sucked in to the mindless pop music today...
You don't have to. There has never been a better time to be young and indie.

This is a shout-out to my whole echo-boomer cohort-- get up, get out, get hip, get active. There's a lot of new things going on in the world today, and a lot of it isn't controlled by the same distributors that fed our parents' generation, and which continue to pander to them.

BWF89
December 7th, 2005, 10:49 PM
http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Templates/Events/happy-birthday-1.png

gRiMgRaVy014
December 7th, 2005, 11:50 PM
I'm 13..but almost 14.

majikstreet
December 8th, 2005, 12:11 AM
Hey benplaut! happy birthday :)

picpak
December 8th, 2005, 02:23 AM
I'm 14 too. 15 in April.

benplaut
December 8th, 2005, 03:42 AM
the gifts totally sucked this year... from a purely materialistic standpoint, they were worth about $15.

Penguin gloves (hawaii!?!?!?)
Penguin bookmark
Penguin 'weeble-wobbles'
book of jewish history - i could care less

They have no clue what to get me, and think that i'm obsessed with penguins. w3rd.

We're going to NYC later this month, so i think i can get presents off of them there :)

towsonu2003
February 4th, 2006, 06:59 AM
happy birthday to me... if someone offers me a free linux CD, or anything of the type, i will virtually punch them :D
happy birthday. when I was 14, I knew how to play kick off 2 in amiga..........

Leo_01
February 4th, 2006, 07:02 AM
Hey!
i am 14 too!
woot!
maybe we should have somekind of Young Ubuntu-ians club...
lol.:D