PDA

View Full Version : Adobe lists Linux

Ralphie
December 3rd, 2008, 05:36 AM
in their latest survey!

Now, I'm not posting to start any battle between what applications are better or not, that all comes down to personal preference. I myself, prefer Adobe products (photoshop, illustrator, indesign, Premiere...) to the linux alternatives.

For those of you like me, you may want to take a few minutes filling out this survey:
https://www.evansresearchonline.com/CS08/survey.php?ID=111113029741

especially the questions that specifically list linux as an option for operating system. I've been taking these surveys for a few years now since switching to linux and this is the first time I did not have to write Linux in as my OS, which to me is a very good sign, they are finally considering it!

**please no arguments here, this is just to get the word out to those who enjoy or need Adobe products.**

cardinals_fan
December 3rd, 2008, 05:40 AM
It works for me, but I haven't got time for the survey now.

Ralphie
December 3rd, 2008, 05:44 AM
Nice thanks for the heads up, yeah, I'd say have 5-8 minutes free for this one...

I forgot to mention that, apparently, they enter you in a drawing for some free stuff if you give them your name at the end of it, but I've never won one of these :D

Twitch6000
December 3rd, 2008, 05:45 AM
That is one long and confusing survey...

mrgnash
December 3rd, 2008, 05:54 AM
Pass.

itsStephen
December 3rd, 2008, 06:30 AM
I filled it out, only because Adobe is my favourite company

ubuntu27
December 3rd, 2008, 06:41 AM
Alright, I finished the survey.

Funny, they ask you something along the lines of
"What is the primary operating system that you use for Adobe Creative Suite?"

And they list WIndows, Linux, MacOS X

They list Linux! Did they release their product for Linux already?

It doesn't seem like it. I suppose they are counting on Wine

Anyway, I choose Linux as my primary OS.

Ralphie
December 3rd, 2008, 06:53 AM

They list Linux! Did they release their product for Linux already?

It doesn't seem like it. I suppose they are counting on Wine

Anyway, I choose Linux as my primary OS.

hehe, I thought the same, but honestly surveys are sooo general that I don't even understand how they get any relevant information form them lol

I left a comment at the end to make sure they know where I was coming from, I can't remember what, but I said something about how it'd be nice to have a native port of some of the main applications

dmn_clown
December 3rd, 2008, 07:07 AM

At one time Disney used Crossover to run Photoshop on some of their workstations. Why wouldn't they ask that?

SunnyRabbiera
December 3rd, 2008, 09:43 AM
in their latest survey!

Now, I'm not posting to start any battle between what applications are better or not, that all comes down to personal preference. I myself, prefer Adobe products (photoshop, illustrator, indesign, Premiere...) to the linux alternatives.

Yes but at least the gimp doesnt cost no bloody $900

rax_m
December 3rd, 2008, 10:21 AM
As usual, competition only availble to US citizens.. but I'll complete the survey anyway seeing as I'm bored at work

SupaSonic
December 3rd, 2008, 01:43 PM
I'm bored at work as well, but not _that_ bored.

handy
December 3rd, 2008, 02:51 PM
I filled it out, only because Adobe is my favourite company

Sorry OP, I'm not wanting to start any kind of flame war. I just can't resist replying to the quoted post:

I have owned Macromedia Studio MX 2004, since 2003, I had it installed on an XP machine. I have had no need of it for over 3 years. Recently I thought I'd make a simple web site, so I looked around for something to suit my desires, Linux based, a fast & simple no brainer wysiwyg site builder package, there wasn't one.

I decided that I would suffer Dreamweaver & installed it on my Leopard partition, where my activation was knocked back by Adobe, the current owners of the once Macromedia products.

On phoning the Adobe activation line, I eventually got to talk to a real person, who informed me that I had to buy another license to use it on the Mac. Even though I explained that windows no longer exists in my life & the software had not been installed on a machine & therefore had been unused for years.

After getting the unhappy license news from Adobe, I told their employee that I would source a solution in the torrents, which I did.

Anyway, I don't like Dreamweaver & bought a cheap fast site builder for the Mac, & will never give Adobe any money under any circumstances for the rest of my life.

Ralphie
December 3rd, 2008, 09:27 PM
Thanks to everyone helping out with this! Maybe some day soon we'll be able to run these applications natively without the hassles of wine!

@handy,
lol for doing what you had to in that situation ;)
theres no getting around huge corporations, believe me, I can't stand them, even adobe.

@SunnyRabbiera,
Some, or a good many I should say, are willing to pay high prices for software they either need for professional purposes, or software that agrees with their personal work flow.

dannytatom
December 3rd, 2008, 10:52 PM
I filled it out, and even left 'em a comment saying how much I'd LOVE for them to release their creative suites to linux.

Hopefully I'll win that drawing ;)

dannytatom
December 3rd, 2008, 10:54 PM
Err, double post.