PDA

View Full Version : What would you do in my situation?

mickbuntu
December 3rd, 2008, 05:14 AM
I need some feedback from you guys / gals.

It so happens that me and my Mom were featured in something that may be used for a catalogue. I wanted to share it with a friend of family (was overcome with great excitableness). Their family knows mine. So I call and he yells: I'M BUSY I'M GETTING READY FOR WORK TOMORROW (It is still evening not even morning) quickly changes to: I'M STUDYING I DON'T KNOW THIS BOOK QUESTION I'M STUCK ON IT for college. YELLS SOME MORE. Keep in mind I called I did not know he was busy (I can't fortell persons status). Before I had a chance to open my mouth I got yelled at to no return.

I bottled it up and should have shared my mind. Now I was left with a headache, chest palpitations and tightness. Should have told him: I'm not your Mother and don't yell at me like that. Your Mother might tolerate this but not I. I did not know you were busy and that I called at a wrong time. You did not have to yell at me like that, I have a temper to and can let it explode. But I did not do that and kept calm and believe me I could have done same to you. Being the one offended I could have literally exploded at you. I don't think that I want to be friends with you. Your in your 20's but the way you kept your composure reminds me of a small kid with a tantrum.

This is not first time he releases his boiler tempter. I polity kept warning him about it. Over the year I was spending countless (mind you "BILLABLE" "hourly") computer hours fixing his windows problems. Actually helping him with his computer issues. Some of which took me great deal of brain energy to do all for "FREE." I did it out of pure love for our Friendship without any needed repayment. His mother even said: "How much do we owe you? Goodness." I said nothing I'm not doing it for a catch. He runs his windows root all the time trying to explain it is no use. So he kept fouling up his install then asking how to backup etc.

One time I was attending my sick Grandmother and he was asking me for Computer help on my cell. I did not give him promises that I have time at the moment. But his Mother has nerve to call me at my grandmother to yell at me. That he was expecting to be helped, that i promised which was not true. Fine maybe his mom was decieted. He lied to his mother who in return calls me. I was supposed to help him! While my Grandmother was talking things that make no sense. She is in advanced or nearing advanced Alzemers disease. She was having a real bad day and barely if recall was out of the hospital.

He is always free when it is him something to gain. He wants me to go to the new years with him. Not because he cares, he made it clear: Because he does not want to be the only young guy their. The place has many Middle aged people that would be attending. It is always me I and myself never ever me. If I start to say something. He quickly says "That's nice Mike, " but anyhow, or well yeah Mike, but proceeds with I. That's nice but not why I called you. I wanted to update Avast so and so. I call him so lite and take into consideration he has a life. But this is a bit different and at any time. Sorry I forgot to ask you last time how was your health. I proceeded with computer questions. If I switch to "me" it is followed by well, I got to go talk later. Or a variant: Speak to you later got to run i'll hear it next time. I just feel like I can't deal with this type of person anymore. Maybe I should just leave? disappear?

This is a one sided post of course and you did not hear the other side. But I feel I was the one wronged here on numerous occasions.

kernelhaxor
December 3rd, 2008, 05:26 AM
If I were you, I wouldn't consider this person as my friend anymore. I would start ignoring him and keeping him away from me. Looks like he is very ungrateful and takes undue advantage of you. For your own good, you might wanna stay away.

OutOfReach
December 3rd, 2008, 05:31 AM
I agree, get far away from him. Cut off all connections. And don't help him next time. If he calls, ignore. Now, I'm not saying to move to another house/change your phone # and change your name. I'm just saying don't associate with this person in any way.
He probably doesn't even consider you as a friend. He probably just takes advantage of you and your ability to help him with his computer.

Basically, don't be friends with this person anymore.

ajboesch
December 3rd, 2008, 05:31 AM
I agree with kernalhaxor or make it worth your while to help with the computer, $$$$$$$$$$$$$. if he doesnt want to pay he wont be able to watch animal pron...

Linuxratty
December 3rd, 2008, 05:34 AM
I agree, get far away from him. Cut off all connections. And don't help him next time. If he calls, ignore.
He probably doesn't even consider you as a friend. He probably just takes advantage of you and your ability to help him with his computer.

Basically, don't be friends with this person anymore.

I agree. This does not sound like a friend to me.
Thjis peson sounds like a domineering person with anger problems. I'd get away from him too.

frankleeee
December 3rd, 2008, 05:41 AM
You might consider talking to a professional in this area. Opinions of forum members although well intended may not be your best resource.

mickbuntu
December 3rd, 2008, 05:44 AM
Thank you all for the thoughts, frankleeee I understand what you said. But i think I already formed my own opinion.I'm still not totally cooled off but grasped my thoughts. In conjunction with the ubuntu community. Whom were nice to give me a minute of their time (honestly).

I want to bail out, and as a result. It is really over. I could careless at this point of any bond(knowing history) with my Mother and his. It seems it is not healthy for my mental well being. Continuing this friendship and truly agree with other views. I do feel violated in a sense in many ways. But that is life i guess. No more picking up the phone, no more any association.

You might consider talking to a professional in this area. Opinions of forum members although well intended may not be your best resource.

mickbuntu
December 3rd, 2008, 05:52 AM
Actually how he infected himself, oh and on a brand new Computer once. Just still shining out of the factory. Already messing around esp that extra backup drive.

I agree with kernalhaxor or make it worth your while to help with the computer, $$$$$$$$$$$$$. if he doesnt want to pay he wont be able to watch animal pron...