PDA

View Full Version : pearl jam live

pompeyjohn
December 7th, 2005, 12:55 AM
hey guys,

I heard that Pearl Jam offer a load of bootlegs on their site, so I decided to check it out. It looks like there reeds to be some sort of plugin working. (in firefox) I get as far as being prompted with an open file dialogue box for...

PearljamLive.jnlp

anyone had any luck with this?

Cheers,

thechitowncubs
December 7th, 2005, 01:06 AM
javaws FILE

pompeyjohn
December 7th, 2005, 02:44 AM
thanks dude. I have got the little app running now - it looks like you have to pay to purchase bootlegs. That just doesnt seem right.

xequence
December 7th, 2005, 03:07 AM
Yea, they want you to pay for their concerts. Its like 8$ each also.

Someone told me they were free, so I checked it out, and got mad they charged for them.

Odd, since pearl jam concerts are on torrent sites way more then their albums. Second most concerts ive ever seen on those sites, first being, you might guess... Grateful dead :P

pompeyjohn
December 7th, 2005, 03:19 AM
I heard the same thing about the 'free bootlegs' - and I had been thinking all day - wow pearl jam are a really progressive forward thinking band. oh well. If they want to make money that way, thats their business I guess. Still not sure how they can call it a bootleg if they sanction, release and charge for it !!

I heard about the Harvey Danger band releasing an album free - are there any other bands that have done the same?

xequence
December 7th, 2005, 03:25 AM
http://btat.wagnerone.com/

Great site about all the bands that have any bootlegs or anything like that ;)

pompeyjohn
December 7th, 2005, 03:26 AM
oh man that is awesome! thank you

raublekick
December 7th, 2005, 03:52 AM
pearl jam has released pretty much every concert as a CD for the past 2 tours. there's literally hundreds of these, it's like a gift to every fan that attends their concerts to have a professionally released bootleg of a concert they were at.

pearl jam has awesome live shows, really long, and they add a lot to sons and do great covers.

xequence
December 7th, 2005, 03:55 AM
pearl jam has released pretty much every concert as a CD for the past 2 tours. there's literally hundreds of these, it's like a gift to every fan that attends their concerts to have a professionally released bootleg of a concert they were at.

pearl jam has awesome live shows, really long, and they add a lot to sons and do great covers.

Gotta admit, it would be great to get a professional recording of a concert you go to...

raublekick
December 7th, 2005, 05:16 AM
Gotta admit, it would be great to get a professional recording of a concert you go to...

There's two that I've been to:
Pearl Jam Live in Camden (7/5/2003)
and
Minibosses Live at the Middle East (4/2/04, Boston)