PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] OpenOffice 3.0 installation problem

sammy888
December 2nd, 2008, 11:16 PM
Hi!
I read this article here (http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-To-Install-OpenOffice-org-3-0-in-Ubuntu-8-10-96449.shtml). I followed instructions, but this part of "instructions" has never happened to me ...
When the Software Sources window will close itself, the update icon will appear in the system tray...

And so I thought that my system is guilty for not updating Ooo 2.4 to 3. I assumed that my update manager didn't worked right. And so I posted a thread on this forum and I didn't get an answer, which could help me. So I decide to format my system. When I come back to Ubuntu 8.10 desktop I updated system and again follow instructions from link above. But still nothing happened. What I have to do now to install Ooo 3.0 on my system. Please help!

Skripka
December 2nd, 2008, 11:18 PM
Hi!
I read this article here (http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-To-Install-OpenOffice-org-3-0-in-Ubuntu-8-10-96449.shtml). I followed instructions, but this part of "instructions" has never happened to me ...
When the Software Sources window will close itself, the update icon will appear in the system tray...

And so I thought that my system is guilty for not updating Ooo 2.4 to 3. I assumed that my update manager didn't worked right. And so I posted a thread on this forum and I didn't get an answer, which could help me. So I decide to format my system. When I come back to Ubuntu 8.10 desktop I updated system and again follow instructions from link above. But still nothing happened. What I have to do now to install Ooo 3.0 on my system. Please help!

There was a problem with the OOo3 packages, and as a result--the PPA repos have been emptied...they've actually been emptied and unuseable for a full week now..

The only way to install OOo3 is by downloading the deb archive from the OOo3 website and installing manually.

sammy888
December 3rd, 2008, 06:45 AM
Aha...OK...Thank you very much. I will wait until the problem is fixed.