Thread: gwibber error.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Question gwibber error.

Help. My gwibber application is showing nothing in the main window, and when I start the gwibber application from the terminal it displays these error codes...

error: 0 is wrong flag id

How do I fix this problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: gwibber error.

I'm seeing the same issue - Gwibber isn't displaying anything. I don't see any error messages whe I start it from the terminal, though.

Edit: This has also been logged on Launchpad, along with a possible solution (remove and reinstall). I'm not in a position to try this right now but will do so later and let you know how I get on

Full details are here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/gwibber/+bug/304033
    Last edited by ExpatPaul; December 2nd, 2008 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Fix found, I hope
    Be very wary of any command with sudo in it. Read this for more information and check this to make sure you do know what you're doing.

Random acts of bloggery | Twitter | Identi.ca

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: gwibber error.

Quck update...

I've dug around a bit, removed stuff, reinstalled stuff and repeated the process a couple of times. I'm running Hardy and it looks like Gwibber has been broken by the libwebkit-1.0-1 upgrade that I installed yesterday.

I am now at libwebkit-1.0-1 1.0.1-4+r38850~hardyppa2 and, according to Synaptic, no previous version is available.

Does anyone know if there is anywhere I can get hold of libwebkit-1.0-1 1.0.1-4+r38688~hardyppa1?

Thanks
    Be very wary of any command with sudo in it. Read this for more information and check this to make sure you do know what you're doing.

Random acts of bloggery | Twitter | Identi.ca