Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anybody using galaxium..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: anybody using galaxium..

yea.. am also thinking about an upgrade... but i have setup all my favorite programs in hardy now.. like netbeans for php...all the desktop tweaks..all.. more over i have enabled lots more ppa repositories... i dont know whether it conflicts with new version
    so i fear an upgrade may break everything... that why i hesitate to upgrade...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

i saw, hardy and intrepid uses same version of libjingle... but pulseaudio got an upgrade...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by jittopjose View Post
    yea.. am also thinking about an upgrade... but i have setup all my favorite programs in hardy now.. like netbeans for php...all the desktop tweaks..all.. more over i have enabled lots more ppa repositories... i dont know whether it conflicts with new version
    so i fear an upgrade may break everything... that why i hesitate to upgrade...
    Well if you've got that all setupand don't wish to revisit everything then it's probably not worth it to upgrade just for the gtalk voice-chat. I meant it as an "easy fix", but if you dig deep enough surely you can solve those issues in hardy.
    Having said that, an upgrade is not such a horrible thing. Specially if you have a separate /home partition. And most of your ppa repos's will either become useless (having the new version of the programs in intrepid) or having an updated repo for intrepid. Just a matter of revisiting all those webpages and doing it again.
    About the desktop settings and all... it should all stay put as long as you do an upgrade, or alternatively, if you do a clean reinstall BUT with a separate /home partition.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

yea.... i dont have a separate /home partition...
    everything works well in hardy... except this voice chat... that why i gave up the idea of upgrading... i used to upgrade once in an year....
    currently i am trying to tweak hard to get empathy to work in this installation itself...
    moreover i am an asp.net/C# developer... so am curious about that galaxium IM development which is written using C# and Mono.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Well, regardless of if you upgrade or not, I STRONGLY suggest you make a separate /home; it will make things SO much easier for you in the future. I checked out galaxium and it seems ok, maybe it'll be right up there with pidgin and kopete in the future. best of luck.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

galaxium packages should arrive in Jaunty at some point.

directhex@mortos:~$ head -1 Projects/pkg-cli-apps/packages/galaxium/trunk/debian/changelog
    galaxium (0.7.4.1-1) unstable; urgency=low

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

how to use gtalk with galaxium.... any idea how to configure?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by jittopjose View Post
    how to use gtalk with galaxium.... any idea how to configure?
    Google talk is a XMPP/Jabber service, so in theory just set it up as such

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

i gabe my gmail id including @gmail and password... it says authenticating etc... but none of my buddies are appear in the window... i dont know what happend...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

You have to add more than just your email and password. see here http://www.google.com/support/talk/b...=cb&lev=answer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12