Thread: [SOLVED] Unable to transfer files on network.

Hybrid View

Beans

Question [SOLVED] Unable to transfer files on network.

I am running Ubuntu 8.04 and I use to be able to transfer files from one computer to the next that was four days ago now all I get is " Operation not supported by backend." All I have done is installed the latest updates. How can I correct this? http://ubuntuforums.org/images/smilies/confused.gif

Thanks for your anticipated help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Unable to transfer files on network.

Please can you tell us more about your LAN setup. And your software configuration, OpenSSh, Samba or what??
    Keep Ubuntu free! Donate any amount you like – just use the PayPal donation address donations@ubuntu.com

Beans

Re: Unable to transfer files on network.

I can't explain this but I can now transfer files from one computer to the other. I am using the desktop under Places: Network - go to the directory I need. I then open another window in Places : Home Folder . Copy the files from one to the other. The only thing I did differently is when the Enter Password window popped up was I entered the Domain, my password, and then I ticked off Remember forever and it worked. I must be over looking something but it worked when I tested it. My ******* computer does not see my Ubuntu one though. It is like it isn't there. Anyway to correct this?

Thanks for responding. I think Ubuntu is just great but I have a lot of learning to do.