Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Interpid Sound Solutions

Beans

Re: Interpid Sound Solutions

Well, do I look like an idiot now.......

I thought I had been careful, but I take them all out and it works. I think I found the culprit though - .config/totem

Thanks again for your time and patience.

Beans

Hi markbuntu,

Thanks very much. Your sound installation steps solved everything and I am able to hear everything in my usb headphones. I have searched many threads but no one seems to have formulated such a nice set of instructions. The pulseaudio device chooser did the trick. Thanks a lot..............

Beans

Talking Re: Interpid Sound Solutions

This was just what i needed, had it fixed in 3 minutes, thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have installed all the packages but get stuck when it comes to opening volume control in PulseAudio. It comes up saying, Error, connection Faile: Connection Refused. I am running Xubuntu, and am having trouble getting 5.1 surround sound. I had a Realtek audio driver for my onboard sound when running Windows.

Thanks.

Beans

Ok i have ubuntu 8.10 and i have the latest of wine and all that stuff. I am new to ubuntu so im not well educated in it but want to. I have a 5.1 speaker sistem and my dound card is Dynex. yeah i know its a poor card but hey. Anyway the problem is this, I have sound on all speakers but the center. I have to turn all cvalumes up to hear the sound. I know if the center one is working right there is no need to turn everything up so loud.

Please help me get the full system working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

There is a section on surround sound here

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=843012

Beans

Not exactly sure but I had to do the same with Debian 5 i386, bigmem & amd64. Works fine now.

Beans

I'm trying by no means here to be negative, to rant or anything.....but....

I've been trying to get my hercules RMX dj-console to work in Intrepid, to no avail, until I uninstalled Pulse.

Using just alsa lets me select my RMX now through 'asoundconf set-default-card RMX'

In 'system-preferences-sound' I select alsa as backend and got it to work after a lot of trying with pulse installed and enabled...

I'm not trying to start a endless discussion here by the way, but I do feel that uninstalling pulse can also be a solution to soundproblems.

JFYI

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by jocheem67 View Post
    I'm trying by no means here to be negative, to rant or anything.....but....

I've been trying to get my hercules RMX dj-console to work in Intrepid, to no avail, until I uninstalled Pulse.

Using just alsa lets me select my RMX now through 'asoundconf set-default-card RMX'

In 'system-preferences-sound' I select alsa as backend and got it to work after a lot of trying with pulse installed and enabled...

I'm not trying to start a endless discussion here by the way, but I do feel that uninstalling pulse can also be a solution to soundproblems.

JFYI
    Are you using jack?

Beans

I will ask my question and hope for the best. I have spent a lot of time chasing around the various details of fixes and feel close....... yet the cigar is elusive.

I have zero sound with Intel HDA and Realtek ALC 268. I have read through and tried to get all the packages but cannot find non-free-codecs so don't have that. Not sure how to enable mediubuntu which may lead to the codecs not being found. Got in all the other 'good' packages and punted the bad.

I am to the point where streaming radio in rhythmbox if I go to the pulse audio icon for the applet I see input coming through on the pulse audio volume meter. However on the pulse audio volume control under playback, input devices and output devices I have red x's on the speakers. If I click the speakers the text fades as if that is when it should be muted. When I click again the text comes bold again but the red x remains.

Anyone who could help that would be much appreciated.

ps sound is fine in XP and the laptop is a Dell Vostro 2510.

Thanks

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast