Thread: [SOLVED] remove password requirement after suspend?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

[SOLVED] remove password requirement after suspend?

How do I remove the requirement to enter the user password following Suspend?

I'm running a tablet-pc, and find it pretty annoying to have to always flip the screen back around to get at my keyboard... I'm not overly concerned about the security issue, as I can still lock the screen from the main menu.

thanks!
    ubuntu 8.10 (amd64) - hp pavilion tx2500 (tx2617ca)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: remove password requirement after suspend?

Hit Alt-F2 and type gconf-editor. In gconf-editor, navigate to /apps/gnome-power-manager/lock and uncheck the suspend option (probably hibernate too if you use that).
    Don't try to make something "fast" until you are able to quantify "slow".

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

thanks!
    ubuntu 8.10 (amd64) - hp pavilion tx2500 (tx2617ca)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sdennie View Post
    Hit Alt-F2 and type gconf-editor. In gconf-editor, navigate to /apps/gnome-power-manager/lock and uncheck the suspend option (probably hibernate too if you use that).
    And how do you do this with a more recent Ubuntu and the Unity desktop? This doesn't even work, there is no gconf-editor.

These options should be available in the GUI. I just have been searching on all systems settings, finally came here to the forums (already frustrated) only to see that I would have to resign myself with a regedit-style monster thing with Gnome and could not even find a solution for Unity.

It's so much like sh.... M$ Windows: "Click Start, click Run, type Regedit on the Open box, and then click OK. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\bla\bla\sucking\bla and change the value of..."
    Last edited by w-sky; February 1st, 2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: NOT SOLVED