Page 37 of 65 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Beans

Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Nope, that line didn't do the trick.

Also, I seem to be having a lot of trouble with clicking when I restart, curiously. I restart, and find that clicking and dragging works (to select items on the desktop) but not clicking or double clicking. The touchpad tap, touchscreen tap, stylus, and mouse button all fail to function. The first time this happened, I dragged to select a desktop icon, and opened it with 'enter', after which I could click. That worked again the second time, but not the third time- I'm simply unable to click now!

(This is after putting "Load "dri"" back.)

I'm going to ask about my wireless now, too, but I'll do so in the appropriate thread (the tx2 8.10 thread, http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1038898)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

OK, try adding:
    Code:
    Option "Button1" "1"
    back to the touch section.

Too bad with dri. I'm back to a bug with rotation in the Catalyst you installed. So you're left with downgrading to a previous Catalyst or using radeon it would seem. Maybe you should try repeating the ati config command and rebooting now that the xorg.conf is straightened out?

Beans

Ok, I guess I should have realized that.

Edit: Oh, actually that didn't work! It's still ignoring clicks of all sorts.

Edit: Huh, it's ignoring clicks now regardless of which xorg I use!! ed: oops, nevermind. Making sure the button1 thing actually got tried, apparently I've been cping wrong.

edit: Yep. The button1 thing didn't help.
    Last edited by dranorter; January 11th, 2010 at 01:41 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Alright, try rebooting a few times. If that doesn't work comment out (#) the:
    Code:
    Option "USB" "on"
    in the touch section and see if that helps. That goes against everything I know about xorg.conf and Wacom but it's N-trig after all.

Beans

OK, I'd switched back to my old xorg; I switched to yours again and rebooted and it fixed clicking. Will it last? No idea. But I'll try the aticonfig again.

Beans

Re-doing aticonfig had no effect. Restarting more times made clicking stop working again.

I guess I'll be sticking with my old xorg; though I couldn't find a way to make right clicking work in it.

What instructions should I try for the radeon driver? I tried just de-activating fglrx and it made touch stop working.

Beans
    Distro

Hi dranorter,

Well, it doesn't sound like either xorg.conf is all that stable. Changing video driver shouldn't affect touch.

You could look at Xorg.0.log in /var/log/ with either xorg.conf when things are working and when they aren't and see if you get an error message telling you what's going on. Also looking at your lshal (lshal>lshal.txt) would be a good idea.

The other thing in "my" xorg.conf is to see if removing or commenting out "SendCoreEvents" after touch and/or stylus in "ServerLayout" helps.

Radeon should be installed (check Synaptic Package Manager) and automatically take over on a reboot.

ATI wiki: http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Main_Page
    Radeon info. & links: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1238129

Beans

OK, this has gone beyond my curiosity level. I got everything back how it was (replacing "your" xorg.conf with mine restored touch). I'm fine without rotate, I'll play around with things if I have any other problems.

However I am less-than-fine with suspend taking out wireless. Has anybody else had this happen?

Beans
    Distro

Hi dranorter,

I'm not sure. Something happened with suspend/hibernate with TX2z's in Karmic. But I think that was due to Ayuthia's new hid-ntrig.ko for Win7 firmware.

You could try adding 'i8042.reset' to the kernel boot options: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=374 Post also linked from here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1217745

Don't know if it will work but I don't think it would hurt to try.

Beans

Well it didn't work, but it turns out hibernate works, so I guess I've at last got everything I need.

So satisfying after a semester of Vista.

Page 37 of 65 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast