Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast

Thread: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Hi gco,

Thought you should know I'm leaning towards including your "Rotate" suggestion for Magick. Seems to fit the tray menu, it's in context and makes sense.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi gco,

Thought you should know I'm leaning towards including your "Rotate" suggestion for Magick. Seems to fit the tray menu, it's in context and makes sense.
    Good to know Favux. Please let me know if you need anything.

Beans

Good news, I sent the patch to enable the bezel buttons to the platform drivers mailing list and it has been accepted into the 3.9 kernel.

Bad news, the Broadcom driver wl.ko broke with kernel 3.8.

So, I would say to keep an eye out for distro updates containing the 3.9 kernel, but I shall preface that with, make sure the wifi drivers have been fixed before updating. It may be a while.

Beans
    Distro

Hi tipp98,

That is good news!

Nice work.

Bummer about the Broadcom wireless driver. Sure hope it is fixed quickly. It would be nice if the 3.9 kernel finally supported everything.

Beans

Can anyone confirm that the bezel button patch works on TC models? The patch is no good for some other HP models so I need to match against something more specific than the GUID. If you have a model that it works on could you post your dmi info:

Code:
    $ sudo dmidecode -t 1
    Code:
    # dmidecode 2.10
    SMBIOS 2.4 present.

Handle 0x0001, DMI type 1, 27 bytes
    System Information
    	Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    	Product Name: HP Pavilion tx2500 Notebook PC
    	Version: Rev 1
    	Serial Number: CNF8452N78
    	UUID: 434E4638-3435-324E-3738-00238B1ACEEC
    	Wake-up Type: Power Switch
    	SKU Number: KD436AV
    	Family: 103C_5335KV

Beans

Hello!
    This seems the right forum to inquire...
    I'm having trouble w/ rotation, and getting the screen soft buttons (Q, Rotate, ePen).
    I've followed the patching for xf86-wacom-0.20.0 in the tablet rotation howto...
    (patched wacom-0.20.0 with frankenserver >0.18 and the add tc4400 bezel uttons patch) they both patched successfully and the new driver compiled clean and I installed magick rotation, the rotator script, edited .xbindkeysrc I rebooted....
    The tablet was docked (in the docking station) in laptop configuration... gdm loaded in landscape, logged in... desktop loaded in portrait!!!
    I undocked... and here I'm guessing magick rotation flipped the screen to landscape.
    When undocked... folding the screen with the swivel hinge into tablet mode has no effect on rotation of the screen. However... putting the laptop into the docking station will initiate a screen rotation (cursor not rotated)
    the screen buttons do not function in either position.

Code:
    bugle@TC44ux ~ $ sudo dmidecode -t 1 # dmidecode 2.11
    SMBIOS 2.4 present.

Handle 0x0001, DMI type 1, 27 bytes
    System Information
        Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
        Product Name: HP Compaq tc4400 (EN357UT#ABA)
        Version: F.0C
        Serial Number: CND71604XR
        UUID: A8F4FA4E-B5EC-DB11-0498-66990E1EE129
        Wake-up Type: Power Switch
        SKU Number: EN357UT#ABA
        Family: 103C_5336AN
    Last edited by bugle; May 15th, 2013 at 05:43 PM. Reason: typo

Beans
    Distro

Hi bugle,

In Setup did you check the "BIOS hinge switch values reversed?" box and Save it?

Beans

Hello Favux,
    Yes, the box is checked.
    (another possible reversed setting I noticed... someone else with a TC44C had different ID's for the stylus and eraser than mine, 12 and 14 , I think they had ... )
    mine...
    Code:
    bugle@TC44ux ~ $ xsetwacom listSerial Wacom Tablet stylus          id: 11    type: STYLUS    
    Serial Wacom Tablet eraser          id: 13    type: ERASER
    This machine is a large upgrade from my previous TC1k running a 2.3 kernel in Gentoo.

Beans
    Distro

This machine is a large upgrade from my previous TC1k running a 2.3 kernel in Gentoo.
    I'll bet.

ID number can change due to hotplug order. That's why the "device name" from xinput list is preferred in a script or what not. ID # is convenient for diagnostics in current session.

And yes the dock signal and hinge switch signal can be confabulated. That was the case for the consumer TX2*** models until a user got the kernel maintainer to seperate them out in hp-wmi.c. That actually is in this thread.

Not sure what is going on. One possibility I suppose is your BIOS version. At this point I don't know how much luck we'd have trying to sort out BIOS versions. Any way to tell if you have a really old one?

In Advanced Setup you could turn the debugging tool on and record a laptop to tablet mode and back session. See if that tells us something. I'd leave out docking for now. Could also look at running Magick from the shell and see what that says.

Beans

Favux,
    the ole tc1000s were maxed out at 768M memory (1G if you wern't scared of prybars)
    I'll turn on debug... where's the log stored?
    Bios is the most current version of the bios F.0C (I upgraded it with HP's DrDos boot disk on a usb drive before installing Mint)
    I haven't patched the hp-wmi yet... I was unclear if that was still neccessary.
    I was originally trying to get the soft buttons (Q, Rotate, ePen) working BEFORE actual automatic rotating. I don't know at this point which is going to be a bigger pain.
    I can fold the screen with the pivot/hinge into tablet position and then rotate the screen thru Gnome display settings from normal to clockwise (portrait) and back again... curser / stylus seems fairly well calibrated with no intervention at all from me... although when returning from the keyboard being covered by the screen I've found 20 or more gnome terminals started ( I'd like to lock the keyboard somehow, when in tablet mode) gotta figure out where those random terminals are coming from...

Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast