Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Beans

Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

In reply to post #273 - regarding bezel buttons.

I've spent some time debugging these buttons and have been able to read them by calling the hotkey query. I can say, as a matter of fact, the following:
    1. PNP0C09, the EC, contains the the QBBB register(memory location) that stores the code of the most recent button press. But, When PNP0C14, hp-wmi, runs it's query, QBBB is checked for the button pressed and writes an appropriate scancode to the memory location that is read by the query.
    2. The QBBB codes for them are 0x7 & 0x8. The scancodes are defined in Method GBBV (the hp-wmi hotkey query) after DBTN & QBTN (0x4 & 0x5).
    3. DBTN & QBTN do not currently use Method GBBV, hp-wmi. Although they also come through hp-wmi when hp-wmi runs it's hotkey query.
    4. The BIOS never notifies hp-wmi that a key has been pressed like it does for the tablet switch, thus hp-wmi never queries the BIOS for the codes.

So, an interesting point about that is the issue of the two buttons that come through the keyboard event. Since they also come through the hp-wmi event, there should be no need to reset the keyboard in tablet mode if we can get them working correctly. Although, if we manage to succeed in getting the buttons working, it should lead to a double button press when not in tablet mode.

Now for some speculation on my part. I read somewhere that the _Q?? methods correspond to GPIO pins on the embedded controller. Thus, there should be a _Q method to notify hp-wmi when a button has been pressed. We have this in method _Q16. Looking at a motherboard schematic I have, GPIO16 simply reads T50, with no other reference to T50. So, the question is, is the dsdt wrong, or is the EC not calling method _Q16. I believe it to be the latter, and that the EC needs to be programmed to enable the calling of method _Q16. I am currently looking into how to do that, but wanted to share what I have found so far in case anyone else is still working on this.

Beans

Hello,

I'm currently trying to edit the dsdt for have a bezel buttons working and the rotate function.

I'm looking for amd cpu Voltage and frecuency tuning to lower the voltage when it's on idle without k8-powernow (like inten speedstep) using the bios _pss method that is load based selector of OS.

Someone can put more information about that?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi alecuba16,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

I PM'd tipp98 for you. To alert him to your post. I hope you two will be able to collaborate. I asked him if he has any information on AMD cpu Voltage and frequency tuning.

Don't know if this is any help: http://doc.opensuse.org/documentatio...ing.power.html

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by alecuba16 View Post
    Hello,

I'm currently trying to edit the dsdt for have a bezel buttons working and the rotate function.
    My latest findings can be found on the linux-acpi mailing list: http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-acpi/msg34647.html

Feel free to PM me. These buttons have taken a back seat to some other projects, but I would still like to get them working.

Beans

Hi! Thanks for great manual! I have one question: how should I modify the automagic_rotation script, so that the orientation of my screen navigation buttons also switches when the screen is rotated? I have ThinkPad X61 and Ubuntu 12.04, 64bit. Thank you in advance!

Beans
    Distro

Hi yury_v,

Thanks for the thank you.
    how should I modify the automagic_rotation script, so that the orientation of my screen navigation buttons also switches when the screen is rotated?
    Are you talking about physical buttons on the X61t's screen bezel or frame? If so I don't know how to change the key maps without restarting X.

If you are talking about virtual buttons on the screen/LCD itself I'd have to know how they're created and located. There should be some coordinates somewhere placing them in their locations on the screen that can be changed after a rotation. Similar to an onscreen keyboard.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi yury_v,

Thanks for the thank you.

Are you talking about physical buttons on the X61t's screen bezel or frame? If so I don't know how to change the key maps without restarting X.

If you are talking about virtual buttons on the screen/LCD itself I'd have to know how they're created and located. There should be some coordinates somewhere placing them in their locations on the screen that can be changed after a rotation. Similar to an onscreen keyboard.
    Yes, I meant physical buttons on the screen frame. Anyway, thank you!

Beans

I think if you are using a slandered version of Ubuntu such as 12.04 you should just be able to use the desktop recorder app in the Ubuntu software center. If you are using any kind of custome tablet os distro then sorry but thats all that i got.

Beans

Angry Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Please someone help!!! My HP Pavilion have kubuntu 12.04 fresh install but after many try to install magick-rotation nothing works... No green arrow and no behaviour when turning screen.. I'm out please help...

Beans
    Distro

Hi fire_qc,

No Magick (green rotating arrow) icon in the systray?

Did the Installer seem to run OK? Could you attach the install_log to your next post?

Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast