Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Beans

Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi fbdelivers,

Great! Isn't being able to use a tablet pc as a tablet nice!
    Yes. With full rotation support I can finally say goodbye to the vista partition.

Beans

Hi fbdelivers,

Yes. With full rotation support I can now say goodbye to my vista partition.

Beans

Hi fbdelivers,

Yes. With full rotation support I can now say goodbye to my vista partition.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Wow! fbdelivers, a triple post. A new record! The forums been flaky tonight.

Hi Riverhed and DrakeGis,

Drew,

Did you run gali98's 11-3-08 tutorial? Why don't you post your xorg.conf.

DrakeGis,

The output of dmesg | grep Wacom :
    [ 18.048515] input: Wacom ISDv4 93 as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.5/usb6/6-2/6-2:1.0/input/input10
    [ 18.292550] input: Wacom ISDv4 93 as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.5/usb6/6-2/6-2:1.1/input/input11
    [ 18.354005] wacom: v1.49:USB Wacom Graphire and Wacom Intuos tablet driver
    seems to indicate you have the wacom module correctly loaded and you should be seeing stylus and touch activity. So it is probably a xorg.conf problem or in .xinitrc or xinitrc. I don't know for sure if "radeon" supports compiz. I guess we'll have to find out. Xorg is promising to add 3d to "radeon" so compiz should be supported soon, if it isn't already.
    Last edited by Favux; December 15th, 2008 at 05:41 AM.

Beans

The embarrassment of creating a new record is all worth it with rotation working now

I don't know what was going on last night.

Beans
    Distro

Hi everybody,

I thought I'd mention that I went through gali98's tutorial and installed linuxwacom 0.8.2. I read through all the release notes and it seemed like a worthwhile thing to try. It works fine. I just changed 0.8.1-6 to 0.8.2 in the tutorial. The notes talked about more features for wacomcpl. I don't really see anything new though.

Beans

Favux, thanks !!!!. I figure out that there was a problem in the xorg.conf. I was able to fix it. I would like to know more about the calibration process. It seems to me that it is very hard to get the touch correctly calibrated...
    I haven't try the rotation. I guess it will have to wait until next weekend. Does anyone has compiz and rotation working ?

Thanks again.

D.

Hi Riverhed and DrakeGis,

DrakeGis,

The output of dmesg | grep Wacom :

seems to indicate you have the wacom module correctly loaded and you should be seeing stylus and touch activity. So it is probably a xorg.conf problem or in .xinitrc or xinitrc. I don't know for sure if "radeon" supports compiz. I guess we'll have to find out. Xorg is promising to add 3d to "radeon" so compiz should be supported soon, if it isn't already.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Lightbulb Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

and a TX2500 Tablet PC
    :::
    9)Go to System>Preferences>CompizConfig Settings Manager.
    Favux,

I got rotation working on my HP tx2510 running Ubuntu 8.10 using your instructions. Thank you!

I would possibly add one update to your instructions though. Step 9) describes using Compiz, which was not installed by default on my system, which you might mention in your instructions, that it might need to be installed. I had to install it before I could proceed. That said, it's a pretty cool tool. Thanks for introducing me to it too.

The only thing left for me to fix now is that the touchpad/mouse/pen/eraser do not rotate. Almost there.

Cheers!
    Steve

Beans
    Distro

Hi DrakeGis and Tekrytor,

DrakeGis,

You're right, touch isn't as sensitive as on Vista. That's one of the reasons I moved to 0.8.2, especially when I saw the stuff about wacomcpl. But if improved touch is in there I haven't figured it out.

Tekrytor,

The only thing left for me to fix now is that the touchpad/mouse/pen/eraser do not rotate.
    That's what my rotation HOW TO is for. The scripts are not just suppose to rotate the screen, they are suppose to rotate stylus, eraser, touch, etc.. That's what I mean by working rotation. So something is not right. Which method (script) are you using? Please post your xorg.conf.

I'm still not sure if TX2500 owners with the ATI video chipset can use Compiz with Xorg's "radeon" driver (right now I'm thinking they can't). I know they can with flgrx, but it doesn't allow rotation. So I feel I can't just tell folks to install it. If Compiz works with "radeon" I could add that. Someone please let me know.

If you don't have Compiz installed then you have metacity, and it's my understanding the keybinding commands on metacity are essentially the same. Since I haven't used them I'd appreciate input on how to.

So I'm clear. You are able to use Compiz with "radeon" as your video driver? Do you know if this is the latest "radeon" driver?

Talk to you soon.
    Last edited by Favux; December 18th, 2008 at 03:19 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi DrakeGis,

If the touchscreen on the TX2000 and TX2500 is capacitive, which I believe it is, I have touchscreen calibration.

The xsetwacom parameter "Capacity integer (1 -5)" sets the touch sensitivity level for capacitive touch device (default is 3 for capacitive tools, -1 for none capacitve tools). Add it to your /home/username/.xinitrc like so:
    Code:
    xsetwacom set touch bottomy "3969"
    xsetwacom set touch bottomx "4028"
    xsetwacom set touch topy "215"
    xsetwacom set touch topx "140"
    xsetwacom set touch Capacity "1"
    etc. . .
    I just tried the numbers between 1 and 5, restarting X in between. Not quite as much variation as I would have expected, but 1 seems the most sensitive.

Give it a try and let me know.
    Last edited by Favux; December 16th, 2008 at 08:46 PM.

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast