Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Hi jerridan,

Definitely strange.

OK, with a TX2500 you have ATI video. The reason we asked about Compiz is the proprietary ATI driver "fglrx" doesn't yet work right with Compiz when rotated. So either you'd have to use Metacity all the time or the Compiz_off_Rotation script or integrate it with your auto-magic rotation script.

I'm assuming you installed the ATI proprietary drivers through Hardware Drivers. Did you do the aticonfig command? See Appendix 1 in the Rotation HOW TO on the first page.

Beans
    Distro

Hi Red_Lion,

Cosmetic bug. The gui doesn't resize consistently. If I expand the Advanced selection the gui enlarges. When I collapse it the gui does not shrink to it's original sized. If I close and reopen it: it may open in the small size or the large size.

Changing touch to blank works. If either stylus or eraser is blank, both still work. Have to make both blank to disable both. Not sure how important this is.

Feature Request: Both for those who want to use Compiz in landscape and Cairo Dock a command line entry before rotation is needed to either replace Compiz with Metacity or killall Cairo Dock.
    Last edited by Favux; August 11th, 2009 at 05:42 AM.

Beans

Test this version.

I fixed expander (advanced settings), add pre state change commands. Also make about and fix "if null".

It will remove settins from 0.1 version.

P.S. bezel buttons parsing via PNP0C09 method _Q16.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro

Hi Red_Lion,

Nice work! Using the following:
    Code:
    After tablet:  cellwriter --show-window; cairo-dock -o &
    Before tablet:  killall cairo-dock

After normal:  cellwriter --hide-window;cairo-dock -o &
    Before normal:  killall cairo-dock
    everything works the way I want it to.

Still the same issue with stylus and eraser. I don't think it's important. They both share the same usb by-path unlike touch.

By the way the TX2z does not have an eraser. And the stylus and touch do share the same usb by-path.

I guess you didn't like the icons on post #249?

PS: Sorry to hear about the bezel buttons. But not too surprised. So to get them going, if possible, will take some work. And we need another coder, especially one hardware oriented. MisteR2 could you maybe help?

Beans

Good what all work Just now need code in programm, make normal config file.

About icons i think need just add 2 setup fields - enabled and disabled icons names. In code i try to use icon system in gtk what depend of theme, not system location. In 0.3 version i will add both methods. And yes, icons in #249 looks better

Stulys and eraser use same point data - if you calibrate, rotate one of then it will be apply to both. I know it. I think to delete one from setting - so just will need enter name of stulys or eraser. Now 3 names in programm just for test. It's for tx2xxx with wacom. What in tx2z i not know. I will good surpised if this code work with this series

P.S. about bezel - last try in dsdt - need know what is ECON variable and what doing GBBV method. I not good in asl code.

P.P.S. It realy in tx2 only 1 button of 4 in bezel work, did you know?
    Last edited by Red_Lion; August 11th, 2009 at 08:55 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi Red_Lion,

Sounds good.

The script at least works for the TX2z. That's what Ayuthia has.

Yes I knew only one bezel button works with the TX2z. Not good.

Edit: 67GTA seems to know about DSDT's and is on the kernel mailing list. Maybe you could ask him? His thread is here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1036051

Edit: Here are some links.

http://www.acpi.info/

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=122145

http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/
    Last edited by Favux; August 11th, 2009 at 09:25 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Lion View Post

P.S. about bezel - last try in dsdt - need know what is ECON variable and what doing GBBV method. I not good in asl code.

P.P.S. It realy in tx2 only 1 button of 4 in bezel work, did you know?
    Are the bezel buttons the buttons on the lid by the screen? If so, I only have three buttons--a settings button, a curvy M button (for the HP touchscreen apps in Windows), and a rotate button. Only the curvy M button registers as an unknown key. The other two do not register anything.

Beans

Hmrr... You have 2 dead buttons and one need to write "by hand". This like on tx2xxx.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Lion View Post
    Test this version.

I fixed expander (advanced settings), add pre state change commands. Also make about and fix "if null".

It will remove settins from 0.1 version.

P.S. bezel buttons parsing via PNP0C09 method _Q16.
    I just tested out this version and it needs a couple of changes to make the patched hp-wmi work. The tablet state needs to be 1 instead 4 and the state_hp_wmi_patched check needs to be done before the state_hp_wmi. This is because the patched version has both a dock and tablet file. After those changes, it seems to work.

By the way, I am testing this in Gentoo using KDE so the system tray icon is a blank icon instead of the reload icon. Not a big deal though.

Attached is the diff between my changes and the original code.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Thanks - now test for patched version willbe before normal. Icon is blank becouse it can be from gnome - it's just think.

Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast