Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Hi martin,

I just use Cell Writer. It has the key board and the letter recognition feature too. It's as good as the MS input panel. I have it set in Sessions so it's available at boot.

Beans

I also made a startup-session for Cellwriter.
    Great minds think alike!
    How is the keyboard working for you. Is it sensitive enough for writing?

Beans
    Distro

Hi Martin,

I'm writing this with Cell Writer's keyboard! Does this answer your question? It's slower than typing though.

Beans

Aha!
    I just found this lines from the Wacom howto:

Code:
    If you want to know what the current (or default) pressure sensitivity setting is, then:

[jej@ayukawa linuxwacom]$xsetwacom -s get Stylus PressCurve (output in xsetwacom format)
        xsetwacom set stylus PressCurve "0 15 85 100"
        or
        [jej@ayukawa linuxwacom]$xsetwacom -x get Stylus PressCurve (output in xorg.conf Option format)
                Option  "PressCurve"    "0,15,85,100"

[jej@ayukawa linuxwacom]$xsetwacom -x getdefault Stylus PressCurve 
                Option  "PressCurve"    "0,0,100,100"

If you want to set the pressure sensitivity a bit softer, then:

[jej@ayukawa linuxwacom]$xsetwacom set Stylus PressCurve 0 15 85 100
    and

Code:
    PressCurve    i1 i2 i3 i4  sets the pressure bezier curve, where i1+i4=100; i2+i3=100
    The question is then: How do I get it to be more sensitive than the example (0 15 85 100).....beside just trying and trying?

Beans
    Distro

Hi martin,

As far as I know that's what you do. Apparently it's an individual preference. I have seen settings like: 5 15 85 95 and 5 20 80 95. But I don't know what the "standard" settings are. I'm not a graphics artist, I just mess around.
    Last edited by Favux; December 14th, 2008 at 01:59 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Re: TX2500 Tablet PC

Note: TX2500 users. The ATI propietary driver "flgrx" (up to and including Catalyst 8.11) does not support rotation. For rotation you will have to use Xorg's "radeon" driver.
    I can't get rotation to work, but I just "got it" that the proprietary drivers might be the problem. Guess I should have read the first line of the instructions. Everything else is working in my tx2500. Backing off the ATI driver next. I'll be back. ;(

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi fbdelivers,

The first thing that comes to mind is that your name for "stylus" in xorg.conf is different from "stylus" in the scripts. Check your xorg.conf and look at the stylus name in the "InputDevice" stylus section and in the "ServerLayout" section.

And remember in xorg.conf it's case specific. In other words "Stylus" is not the same as "stylus". Probably best to change the script name unless you want to get into checking your .xinitrc's.

Let me know.
    Thanks for the response. I double checked my script and xorg.conf file and they are using the same name.

Here is my xorg file and script I'm using if that helps. I may be just missing something.

On a side note when I run wacomcpl it doesn't show any devices available. So maybe I should start from scratch with my wacom configuration.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro

Hi fbdelivers,

I think we have you sorted out now. The clue is that in wacomcpl you don't see stylus, eraser, or touch. That means the linuxwacom kernel module is not detecting any usb inputs. You do have a TX2500, correct? I think that means your stylus is working through HAL. You do have it unrotated right? My stylus didn't work through HAL. I wonder if Tom Jaeger's wacomrotate daemon would rotate your stylus which is working through HAL? But you don't have eraser, side button or touch, right?

Your xorg.conf is a TX2000 xorg.conf, not a TX2500 xorg.conf. Look at the difference in usb input:
    TX2000(yours)
    Code:
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/by-path/pci-0000:00:0b.1-usb-0:2.3:1.0-event-mouse"
    TX2500
    Code:
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/by-path/pci-0000:00:14.5-usb-0:2:1.0-event-mouse"
    So I have attached a TX2500 xorg.conf from a laptop that has working tablet features.

You can modify it some, using your video section for example. Notice how Synaptic Touchpad is commented out. HAL handles it fine. I notice you have some extra configuration on yours. I think HAL will handle that to. Notice the mouse is handled through HAL. The keyboard could be handled through HAL, but HAL breaks single key key bindings. So we wouldn't be able to use your "Q" key for screen rotation if we used HAL.

Try replacing your xorg.conf with the TX2500 xorg.conf (with changes you feel appropriate). Of course back up your xorg.conf first.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Favux; December 15th, 2008 at 12:25 PM.

Beans

Awesome. You had my xorg.conf figured out. Using your updated tx2500 did the trick and rotation works as per the script I was using before. Very cool.

Beans
    Distro

Hi fbdelivers,

Great! Isn't being able to use a tablet pc as a tablet nice!

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast