Thread: Music visualizer with beat visualization

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Arrow Music visualizer with beat visualization

I am looking for a beat visualizer (for lack of a better word) to use full screen when playing music on my computer.

What do I mean by that?

I know there are a lot of visualizers out there that create colored swirls and spectrum analyzers and stuff based on the waveform of the music being played (e.g. Goom). But they do not really visualize the music to any great extent. If you play Mozart or if you play Chemical Brothers it does not do all that much of a difference visually.

What I want is a visualizer that reflects the music to some degree, and in particular the main beat. If there is a strong thumping beat I want that to be reflected on the screen at the same time as the beat plays through the speaker.

Here is a simple example illustrating what I mean (forward to 1:00):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_0Z0iUsSXs

Please note that it is not the simplicity in the video I am looking for, it was just that this video did well in illustrating the main principle. If possible I would like to have swirls and smooth animations also (like Goom) but the most important thing is that it should reflect the music in a more direct way and be perfectly synchronized with the beat.

Any suggestions for a music player or plugin?

(If there is not any such thing for Linux is there perhaps some Windows program that does it and works with Wine?)
    Last edited by alvevind; May 3rd, 2010 at 11:20 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Re: Music visualizer with beat visualization

Bump?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Music visualizer with beat visualization

the only thing i can think of is projectm -- it is a Milkdrop compatible visualizer. http://projectm.sourceforge.net/
    "Microsoft Windows: A collection of 32bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16bit patch to an 8bit O.S. originally coded for a 4bit microprocessor written by a 2bit company who cant stand 1 bit of competition." Jargon File 4.4.7