Thread: LoCo Team has flatlined how do I revive

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

LoCo Team has flatlined how do I revive

I have recently joined a LoCo Team. The activity of this team is very stagnant. I am looking for suggestions on getting this team active. Considering there are administrator's already in place I am not sure how much influence I can have, or what the proper etiquette is.

What are some popular activities of LoCo Teams. Also please help me with how I would go about getting these activities going.

Really, what are team needs is a roadmap to becoming an influential force in the LoCo community and be on our way to Approved Status and eventually the newly created Hall of Fame.

cprofitt is offline νόησις νοήσεως - nóesis noéseos
    Beans
    Distro

Re: LoCo Team has flatlined how do I revive

It would appear that you have modified the wiki and called a meeting... see how that goes. Other than that I would keep in mind that there are two paths for a LoCo.

A) Down -- from Ubuntu to the local community. You take people already using Ubuntu and have them advocate for Ubuntu in your local community. This is done by going to LUG meetings, attending computer society meetings and assisting/sponsoring install fests.

B) Up -- from the local community to global Ubunut community. From the local events you help local people find the Ubuntu community and assist them to become more involved.

Both of these have to happen... and it is often very tough.

I am going to be trying to host classes on how to use open source software through local recreation departments... and then from those make people aware of Ubuntu by that being on my demo machine... in addition I plan on handing out flyers to people about the next install fest.

cprofitt is offline νόησις νοήσεως - nóesis noéseos
    Beans
    Distro

PS -- Have you guys heard from Old_Soldier? He has not been around for a while and everyone on the BT is worried about him.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateVoid View Post
    PS -- Have you guys heard from Old_Soldier? He has not been around for a while and everyone on the BT is worried about him.
    I will be sure to ask at our meeting this Thursday.